PSOC4-S CSX (mutual CAP) question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSOC4 S series and PSOC6 have CapSense module, which has both CSD and CSX.

I am interested in the CSX now, I want to make it woks with CSD together.

I read the document of PSOC4 S and PSOC6 (#002-10129 and #002-18176). From the description of CSX, I have the following understanding:

(On the figure 32-11 in the page 404 of the DOC #002-18176, )

1. One cross point (TX/RX) need support from both pins of Cmod-GPIO and Csh_tank-GPIO, the working way is very closed to CSD mode. Of course Cmod-GPIO and Csh_tank-GPIO could be re-used for different point;

2. Meanwhile, the Mutual CAP sensor scan needs support from IDAC-A (LEG1) and IDAC-A (LEG2);

The following will be my question about it

If my mutual CAP sensor panel is N*M (like N of TX, M of RX), based on the above method, the whole mutual cap sensor panel scanning need to be repeated for N*M times. is it true?

Thanks,

Qiuliang  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuliang ,

Yes that is correct, in CSX, first the TX is activated then the corresponding  all RX is scanned.

With this method there will be N*M scans.

Thanks,

Ranjith

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuliang ,

Yes that is correct, in CSX, first the TX is activated then the corresponding  all RX is scanned.

With this method there will be N*M scans.

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it could not be used in the big screen, like 5'' to 15'' touch screen, even 3''.

I know there was Touch solution in Cypress, but it sold to another company, is this solution (IC, or devKit)  still on stock in cypress?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have the 3'' or 5'' touch pad by using 7X7 or 10X10  matrix.

But it also depends on the resolution you need.

Cypress still has touch devices, can you please let us know about the end product and application?

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I suppose you do not take into account the size of a finger. What resolution do you need to scan the position of a finger on the touch screen? will 1/2" satisfy? on a 3" screen this would be something like 4 X 4 matrix. On a 15" screen you'll need some more. But a resolution down to the pixel is totally overdone.

Bob

0 Likes