Definitions/Explanations for blecen_cen_cfg

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do each of these mean in blecen.c?

blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_min_interval

blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_max_interval

blecen_cen_cfg.high_conn_latency

blecen_cen_cfg.high_supervision_timeout

blecen_cen_cfg.conn_min_event_len

blecen_cen_cfg.conn_max_event_len

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please refer to the Bluetooth Core spec 7.8.12 LE Create Connection Command for the explanation of the parameters.

The bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq is used only on the peripheral side.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

These are the scan parameters and below is a thread with some explanations.

BLE_CEN_CFG intervals and windows

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those parameters are different from the one I listed. The intervals and window parameters are pretty clear. But these are not.

0 Likes

some related discussion here...

Scan stops working after connection timeout error

Are you facing some some issues with these setting?

0 Likes

There is a good article here: BCM92073X BLE Profile Configuration written by one of our power users zhaohua

He may be able to provide some clarification on these values as well.

boont

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you look in blecen.c at the routine blecen_ConnUpdate you’ll see it’s giving you the ability to choose between a “fast” setting and a “slow” one, and it appears the “fast” one chooses all the blecen_cen_cfg.high options, as opposed to the low options.

I think the min/max_interval settings correspond with what the bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq does over on the connected peripheral. In other words, they set the lowest/highest possible connection intervals possible.  Remember, the peripheral *requests* a certain connection interval but it’s the central that actually has control over it, my guess by the parameters listed below. 

Can we get confirmation on this?

0 Likes

Please refer to the Bluetooth Core spec 7.8.12 LE Create Connection Command for the explanation of the parameters.

The bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq is used only on the peripheral side.

0 Likes