LIN Bus Implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated in this discussion, in the specification of PSOC 4, it stated:

"UART Mode: This is a full-feature UART operating at up to 1 Mbps. It supports automotive single-wire interface (LIN), infrared interface (IrDA), and SmartCard (ISO7816) protocols...."

However the Creator does not have LIN bus component, I would like to ask if there is any example or library that implement the LIN bus in PSOC4 ?

I am actually using PSOC 4 BLE.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will need a transceiver to change the PSoC UART output to LIN level. Use the address feature of the UART component to access multiple slaves on the same line.

Bob

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will need a transceiver to change the PSoC UART output to LIN level. Use the address feature of the UART component to access multiple slaves on the same line.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

However how do I generate the synch signal on the LIN bus?

0 Likes

It is a 0x55 byte. See the LIN specs attached.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

And how can it generates the 13bits "sync break"?

Thank you.

0 Likes

By setting the break signal bits to 13 and issuing a SendBreak() API.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could not find where I can set the break signal  bits to 13 and the SendBreak() API.

My microprocessor is PROC4 BLE (CYBL10573) and I am using Creator4.1. In the Creator, the component that I can use for UART is "UART (SCB mode)[v3.20]

Thank you.

0 Likes

Datasheet for your UART has no (0) reference to a LIN interface. This is only valid for CY8C42xx chips which you do not have. There you can use a UART v2.50 which is UDB based.

Bob

0 Likes
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Typoon,

LIN component is available in PSoC 4 series. The controller that you are using is PRoC BLE which doesn't have LIN component.

Also PRoC BLE don't support LIN functionality.

Regards

Harshada

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlSa_1585471
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hello,

maybe can somebody help me.

A have attached my project.

I try to read sensor data with Lin.

My controller ist LIN-master.

The problem is, that i get Sync und and ID in my rx buffer, sometimes.

That means, my "Sensor_Data" is not always correct.

I have allready tryed to clean the RX buffer after sending sync and id, but it doesnst help.

I have "cleaned" (deleted all my wrong additional code) the project and attached it for you. Maybe can somebody take a look at this.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

0 Likes