Error in ota2_failsafe application?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
decac_1684766
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes received First like received

in the apps/waf/ota2_failsafe application that is built in by default for ota2 projects one of the first things it does is call wiced_ota2_image_extract_uncompressed_component to extract the APPS LUT.  This is in SDK 5.0.1

The first line in that function looks like this

/* we only support LUT and OTA_APP */

if ((component != WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_LUT) && (component != WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_OTA_APP))

{

OTA2_WPRINT_ERROR(("wiced_ota2_image_extract_uncompressed_component(%s) bad arg!\r\n", ota2_image_type_name_string[ota_type]));

return WICED_BADARG;

}

This looks incorrect as there is no way past this line unless component isn't LUT or OTA_APP, which is contrary to the comment.  Is this correct?

Should it instead be:

/* we only support LUT and OTA_APP */

if ((component != WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_LUT) || (component != WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_OTA_APP))

{

OTA2_WPRINT_ERROR(("wiced_ota2_image_extract_uncompressed_component(%s) bad arg!\r\n", ota2_image_type_name_string[ota_type]));

return WICED_BADARG;

}

Thank you!

1 Solution

My bad axel.lin_1746341 , devin_1684766 . I was wrong in my previous comment about the code. After carefully looking into the code, I found it is correct.

The explanation is:

if component == WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_LUT , the condition will fail and it won't enter the if loop which implies no bad argument and

if component == WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_OTA_APP, the condition will fail and it won't enter the if loop which implies no bad argument

Hence it supports only LUT and OTA_APP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

It certainly seems incorrect. Thank you for pointing out the error. I have raised a ticket to take care of the matter.

Thank you.

0 Likes

riya wrote:

It certainly seems incorrect. Thank you for pointing out the error. I have raised a ticket to take care of the matter.

Thank you.

Are you kidding? Please read the code.

0 Likes

My bad axel.lin_1746341 , devin_1684766 . I was wrong in my previous comment about the code. After carefully looking into the code, I found it is correct.

The explanation is:

if component == WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_LUT , the condition will fail and it won't enter the if loop which implies no bad argument and

if component == WICED_OTA2_IMAGE_COMPONENT_OTA_APP, the condition will fail and it won't enter the if loop which implies no bad argument

Hence it supports only LUT and OTA_APP.