Does anyone have an example Bootloader Combo App Projects?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to build a bootloader Combo Projects.

In one workspace, I have two projects.

Each with a bootloader, bootloadable, and UART components.

I cannot build either project, because of errors that the Bootloadable dependency is not met - But I cannot set this till something builds?

What step am I missing?

Thanks.
giri

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. With my local Cypress FAE's help (Ernie Buterbaugh) figured out how this all goes together.

The Booloader_Base is configured as a dual-app.

Each app's bootloader is in a single app setting.

Each app's bootable is configured with the Bootloader_base's hex file (but this just to build. Looks like it doesn't mean anything).

When all the workspace is built, each app has 2 *.cycad files that are built.

So when each app's bootloader is started, then you can send either of these images, but if the image tries to overwrite itself (the part resets so the bootloader_base starts).

Overall, a very very cool implementation. Writeup to explain this sort of crappy. but Wow so coo.

Bob, Thanks for your help.

I have attached a working version of this for future.

Giri

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In Creator -> Project -> Dependency you have the choice to set a build order. Compile your Bootloader first, then set in your bootloadable component the correct path to the Bootloader .hex and .elf files, recompile all projects.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is true for case where I have a bootloader that is in a dual-app mode.

However, the booloader datasheet shows the option of Combination Project where each project have a Bootloader, a BootLoadable, and a comms component.

When I do this, the projects doesn't build.

I can get the simpler case to work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I upload my workspace here??? !

0 Likes

Use Creator -> File -> Create Workspace Bundle and then... Oops! The entry for attaching a file is gone! Obviously "Forum under Construction" bug 😉

Bob

0 Likes

Answer (very fast) from Cypress: "

Hi Bob

Thanks for checking on this.  When you reply to a post,  click the "use advanced editor"  in the upper right area to expose the "attach" button that will then show at the lower right area. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.  Have a great day!"

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the workspace.

Don't understand the need to move attach to Advanced. This will be an often used function.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. With my local Cypress FAE's help (Ernie Buterbaugh) figured out how this all goes together.

The Booloader_Base is configured as a dual-app.

Each app's bootloader is in a single app setting.

Each app's bootable is configured with the Bootloader_base's hex file (but this just to build. Looks like it doesn't mean anything).

When all the workspace is built, each app has 2 *.cycad files that are built.

So when each app's bootloader is started, then you can send either of these images, but if the image tries to overwrite itself (the part resets so the bootloader_base starts).

Overall, a very very cool implementation. Writeup to explain this sort of crappy. but Wow so coo.

Bob, Thanks for your help.

I have attached a working version of this for future.

Giri

0 Likes