How to reset CYBLE-022001-00 eval board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CYBLE-022001-00 eval board yesterday and tried  to use it standalone (upload code via a Jlink with SWD interface). Create new project with example code, compile with PSoC Creator then export to Eclipse and upload the code via Jlink, everything is OK.

Then I use code from 100 projects in 100 days (#007 broadcaster and peripheral) but this code is not for CYBLE-022001-00 eval board (the pin config for CY8C4247 chip), I forget it and try to upload this code to the board. Although get some errors, the board still run the code (advertise and connect OK) but now I can't connect to the board via Jlink (SWD) anymore (I think the pin config is changed). How can I reset CYBLE-022001-00 eval ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try plugging in the jlink, then power-cycling the board; The miniprog3 (if that is the one you are using) allows you to power the board through the programmer, so plugging in the jlink, then powering the board through the jlink connection might yield results?

Otherwise, if you can have the jlink connected while powering on the board you might be able to re-establish connection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, you should still be able to connect to the board and program it, even if the pin configurations get changed/messed up. You won't be able to read/debug the device, but I would expect you to be able to just program the board with your new code using the SWD jlink.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pratt,
Your response is the same as description in the project (when using GPIO debug instead of SWD). But when I use Jlink to connect to the board, I got error: Could not establish a connection to target. so I cant up my new code. Do you have any idea? Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try plugging in the jlink, then power-cycling the board; The miniprog3 (if that is the one you are using) allows you to power the board through the programmer, so plugging in the jlink, then powering the board through the jlink connection might yield results?

Otherwise, if you can have the jlink connected while powering on the board you might be able to re-establish connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pratt,
Thank you so much, it works

0 Likes