How can I lock the firmware so that I can't be downloaded?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to make sure that the firmware on my PSoC4 is locked so that it can't be downloaded from the device using MiniProg3 or any other method. How can I do this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to configure your project in PSoc Creator to set the Chip Protection to "Protected" and Debug Select to "GPIO":

PSoC Creator - System setting.png

NB! When you program with PSoc Creator IDE, the protection bits will not actually be set. You must use PSoC Programmer.

By default, PSoC Programmer will not set the protection bits either. You must enable Chip Lock in the Programmer Options:

PSoc Programmer - Programmer Options.png

Always test and make sure that it works. Try to Read the Flash content using the "Read" button.

Regards,

Pieter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please have a look at this document:Device Security of PSoC® 4 - KBA87495 .

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to configure your project in PSoc Creator to set the Chip Protection to "Protected" and Debug Select to "GPIO":

PSoC Creator - System setting.png

NB! When you program with PSoc Creator IDE, the protection bits will not actually be set. You must use PSoC Programmer.

By default, PSoC Programmer will not set the protection bits either. You must enable Chip Lock in the Programmer Options:

PSoc Programmer - Programmer Options.png

Always test and make sure that it works. Try to Read the Flash content using the "Read" button.

Regards,

Pieter