MiniProg3 use in Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my MiniProg3.  I have set Creator MiniProg3 settings to the attached image.

I use the same 4 wire SWD cable setup that I use to program my pcb (with EZ-BLE on it) with BLE Pioneer Kit.

When I connect this SWD cable from my pcb to the MiniProg3 with NO USB cable plugged into MiniProg3, my battery current goes up about from ~2ma to ~3ma.

When I connect this SWD cable from my pcb to the MiniProg3 with the USB cable plugged into MiniProg3, my battery current goes up to ~65ma.

I have never seen battery current above 30ma during the actual programming of the EZ-BLE with the BLE Pioneer Kit and I have not noticed any increase in current when I simply plug my pcb/SWD into a USB attached BLE Pioneer Kit.

I have not left it drawing 65ma for more than a few seconds (only have 40 mah cell) and have not tried to program yet.

Should I continue and try to program or is something fishy in Denmark?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

At first: it is a 5 wire connection to MiniProg. 😉

65mA is a lot. Can you remove the batteries, power from MiniProg and see if you get your board programmed?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I am using 4 wires since it is a self powered board.

For a test, I will re-configure my current measuring jumper to power my board from MiniProg but this does take some time and considering how many times one loads code during development it is very inconvenient.  Especially since, for real world current measurements, I would have to reconfigure back to battery mode.  That makes a lot of extra work for one load/current test cycle vs staying as a selfpowered board during programming.

Dale

0 Likes

XRES connection is needed when using RESET mode of programming, and remaining 4 wires(out of 5 Wires) ( SWDIO, SWDCLK, VTARG, GND ) are essential for  SWD programming

0 Likes

Bit late for an answer, anks 😉

This thread originates in late 2015. The date for the initial question was inserted wrongly into the new forum.

Bob

0 Likes