OTA Update on PRoC BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not able to get the fixed stack OTA update code example to work on the PRoC BLE. I can get it to work on the PSoC BLE. When I try and do the OTA update on PRoC, it fails every time. What modifications do I need to make to the example code to get it to work on this kit? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Aravind,

Please make sure the security settings in your project matches with that of the CySmart.

In Cysmart, click on 'configure Master settings' -> security parameters - check whether the security level matches with that of your project. Else change it and test again.

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi Arvind,

Can you please let us know which module you tested? If the project is working on PSoC chip ,it should work with PRoC as well.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm testing the "BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloadable and Bootloader projects. When I attempt to do an OTA update from CySmart, I select the firmware image of the bootloadable project. When I try and do the update, it halts and fails at the "Authentication" step. I have made no changes to the example project except configuring the output pins to my board. 

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi Aravind,

Please make sure the security settings in your project matches with that of the CySmart.

In Cysmart, click on 'configure Master settings' -> security parameters - check whether the security level matches with that of your project. Else change it and test again.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes