I can't see my broadcaster on the smartphone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all,

I am using a CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit to do my broadcaster device. I have based my firmware on the Cypress example "Dynamic Broadcaster" (example 9) and all is running fine if I check the BLE transmissions through the dongle and CySmart. The problem is that I have realized that I can't see my BLE device on any smartphone both with iOS, Android (4.2 and 5.1) or Windows Phone 8.1.

As I thought the problem was on my code, I have tested directly the Cypress examples 8 ("Constant broadcaster") and 9 ("Dynamic Broadcaster") but the results are the same: I find the BLE device on CySmart but it doesn't happens if I search with an smartphone or even with a laptop with BLE.

I have modified the advertising intervals to see if there are some improvement, but I didn't saw any upgrade.

Could someone help me?

If more information is needed, feel free to ask for it.

In advance, thank you for your time.

Josué

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you test this project after updating all the components and with the latest version of CySmart. PFA the project with updated components. I checked in the latest version of CySmart and could see the device. (1.1.1.68) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cypress.cysmart&hl=en)

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BMAH,

Thank you for your response. I have tried to check the project attached, but an error has appeared on PSoC Creator 3.3. The problem is that the BLE module version is not available on PSoC Creator 3.3. You have used the BLE module version 2.30 but I only can use version v2.20.

Attached you can find an screenshot of what I'm seeing on my PSoC Creator 3.3 running on Windows 8.1.

Could you tell me how can I update the BLE module to version 2.30? 

In advance, thank you so much,

Josué

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

BLE component is available with Creator Component Pack 1. It did not show up in the update manager, but can be downloaded manually.

0 Likes