AWP24S with CY3209EVK & CY8CKIT-003

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project involving communication between two PSoC boards. Both of the boards will use an Artaflex AWP24S module. The purpose is to make the CY3209 act as a master and the PSoC 3 FirstTouch Starter Kit act as a slave. The CY8CKIT-003, slave, has an on-board +/- 2g accelerometer. The point is to fit the slave into a foam based football, throw it and measure g-force. After the reading has been done, it will transmit the value through WirelessUSB (using the AWP24S) to the main unit, the CY3209.

I have managed to program the master in a loopback and light up an led.

Do you know what module should I use in PSoC Creator for the slave unit, connect it to the master unit and send the information ?

I really need help on this one. Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

you will need SPIM in psoc creater to make the interface to your AWP24S

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, if I have a SPI master programmed on one board and SPI slave on another board how do I send commands to the Artaflex radio module to send or recieve data. Another scenario is to have SPI master on both the boards and have the Artaflex module act as SPI slaves on both sides. While on SPI master is sending commands other is listening to commands. I don't know and there are no documentation available. Could somebody help?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, if I have a SPI master programmed on one board and SPI slave on another board how do I send commands to the Artaflex radio module to send or recieve data. Another scenario is to have SPI master on both the boards and have the Artaflex module act as SPI slaves on both sides. While one SPI master is sending commands other one is listening to commands. I don't know because I think there are some other things missing on there and there are no documentation available. Could somebody help?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ananta,

Yes, configuring both the PSoC as SPI Masters and the Artaflex radio modules as SPI Slaves can be used for this purpose.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have set up a SPI master and connected the wireless radio to all the pins of MISO, MOSI, SCK, nSS on  P12 as I am using CY8CKIT-001 Development board. I have been using the 8 bit command address buffer to read default register values just to make sure that I can talk to the radio. However, I receive spurious values back from radio, is there a certain frequency that the radio supports for communication via SPI with the master? I mean can I set up any data frequency to talk to the radio via SPI master like 12 MHz or any other value? I did not find that on the CYRF7936 documentation. Does somebody know?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can communicate with two AWP24S using CY8KIT014 similar to CY8KIT01, but due I don't know configure interruptions, both dispositives are not sincronized. When I transmitt, the receiver is making another functions. At the moment, i have configurated transmit the same packet several times more until receiver can read as minimum one time.

This it represent that I can't control the number of packets/s because the result is highly random.

Can someone help me?

0 Likes