WatchDog Timer has disappeared at Designer 5.3 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        In Global Resources Tab, There is no item for WDT, Has it changed procedure of initial WDT setting ? (PSoC:8C29466-24PXI, Vista 32bit)   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This obviously is an error in the internal chip-property-definition for the CY8C29466 and should be fixed asap! I found at least one example for a device where the Watchdog Timer could be enabled. Since the 29466 HAS got a WDT it was clearly only forgotten. I'm going to file a tech case.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

This obviously is an error in the internal chip-property-definition for the CY8C29466 and should be fixed asap! I found at least one example for a device where the Watchdog Timer could be enabled. Since the 29466 HAS got a WDT it was clearly only forgotten. I'm going to file a tech case.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I indeed did file a tech case and got a response immediately (on a sunday!!) that Cypress is going to work on that to solve it asap.

Bob

Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi,

This is a bug really. Thanks for reporting this to us. It will be fixed in the next release of PSoC Designer. Any more feedback/suggestions are welcome.

As a workaround, following macro can be executing in application code if WatchDog is needed:

M8C_EnableWatchDog ;

More information of how this can be done and Clocks and Global Resources configuration of PSoC1 devices can be found in AN32200.  http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2773

Thanks,

Roy

Roy Liu