CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit - expected date

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AsRa_264661
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hi,

Anyone one knows the expected date for CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit  ?

Thanks,

Ashok r

0 Likes
30 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Cypress says "soon" which will be March,

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I saw there is a pre-order button, so I pre-ordered 4 of them

8 PSoC5LPs for $40, I couldn't pass the offer 🙂

Now to wait to see when they are actually produced/shipped.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

I  always wanted to make a PSoC cluster with common bus. For that price I can. It is sad  Cypress didn't reserve a place for quartz.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is expected to come in march. it will be better if you pre order on this page to get hands on ASAP

Link to preorder

http://www.cypress.com/?rid=108038

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the pre-order is sold out. But they mention now to check with the distributors, so maybe you can get them that way until the next batch is ready.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

On the EEVBLOG forums someone that did preorder mentioned the first batch of kits should arrive mid-April.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

He mentioned that he queried about it and got an answer. But I did preorder and it only shows as schedulled and processing.

But I didn't make a direct query to my rep about this dev board, and she didn't know about the PRoC 4 BLE remote control and mouse dev kits.

But if it's going to be launched by next month, being sold out doesn't make much sense. So I'm hopping for sooner than later 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed Mid April by a Cypress Employee on the same EEVBlog thread 

One month from now, I guess I can handle that 

0 Likes
AsRa_264661
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Thank you all for updates,

Ashok r

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The checkout kept failing, now the item status is finally updated to 'out of stock'.

I guess they're hopelessly overwhelmed by the demand.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check out:
www.powerfulboard.com 

We cannot match the price but we do have them in stock available for immediate delivery.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Do you have a comparison table of the differences ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As requested  I have prepared a comparison of the CY8CKIT-059 with the Powerfulboard equivalent.  We also offer a PSoC3 based board..  I will add other items to the comparison list if someone suggests them here.

See:

http://www.powerfulboard.com/CY8CKIT-059 

Hope this helps.
Bob M (not Marlow)

0 Likes
azcypro1
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

It's mid-April now.  Where are the boards?  What's the problem?  I want to buy some and use my Cypress discount, but have been waiting two months already.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I was told by Cypress that mass production starts next week.

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Seems that I can't use the store coupon which was offered while the rewards program is closed.

Cypress recommends to order kits, etc. by their distribution channels to keep shipping cost and fees low, but there's no way to use the coupon code then

Hopefully, the local distributors will have stock soon, I'm really interested in the -059 kit.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, very interesting kit. The only downgrade so far I have found has to do with the supply voltage. The snap-off Kit Programmer operates at 5V only, thus supporting the Kit with 5V, too. Any hardware connected to the Kit will be supplied with 5V or must be disconnected during programming.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

I had a similar power issue when using the CY8CKIT-049 42xx kit. Since I wanted to run everything at 3.3V I just removed the fuse to VUSB on the snap off USB-UART the kit uses as a programmer, and used an external 3.3V regulator. There are a couple of other options I talk about in my FabAcademy post about the kit (at the very bottom, under "Get The Files").

Looking at the schematic for the CY8CKIT-059 it looks like you could do the same thing (remove fuse F2 as labelled in the User Guide). 3.3V would be OK, but I imagine you might have to be careful with other voltages seeing as USB uses 3.3V for the data lines. I'm not familiar with the PSoC5 so there might be some "tricks" you can use to get around the issue.

I wish these were out already. I would have used them instead of the PSoC4 kits. I've very quickly used up all 4 UDBs!

Cheers,

Iain

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Bob,

are you sure? On the KitProg side, removing D1 and R8 should disconnect the USB VBUS voltage from VTARG and KP_VDD. In this case, wouldn't it be sufficient to manually connect KP_VDD with the target power supply? Or am I missing something?

On the Target side, it would be at least removing D2.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry to start any confusion here, but I definitely do not remove a fuse or anything! Hacking a board is not my intention at all. Since I am equipped with a miniprog3 I can help me out, even programming  CY8CKit-049-42xxes without the need of a bootloader, just add some posts and my good ol' MiniProg.

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

I also avoid hacking a devkit whenever it's possible until it's really necessary. It's really bad that Cypress doesn't design those prototyping kits for 'wide voltage supply' - it would make developing battery powered designs easier.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

We're extremely sorry that it's taking time for us to get this really cool hardware to you in time. We're trying to get the hardware in inventory sometimes by next week.

W.r.t. powering at a different voltage setting with KitProg plugged in to the USB supply, user have to remove the diode D1. But yes, I take this feedback to provide the external power supply option without changing components on the board. I'll try to get this out in the next revision.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

It is here !!!

Cypress anounces the cy8ckit-059 to be "on stock"!

Bob

0 Likes
VlYe_281166
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Got it today rev 03. Positions of RX(12.6), TX(12.7) are swapped on pdf(KitProg sheet) and on silk on the KitProg board.

Sorry, my mistake, forget about.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

The CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit is out of stock again?
When it is expected to be in stock?

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

so do we have a expected in stock date? I want 3 of them.

0 Likes
AnEy_1336741
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked
        Waiting for months now ... - And: What about a PSoC5-based Pioneer Kit??   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum!

There is no PSoC5 based Pioneer kit, althoug it has got a PSoC5LP as the programmer, debugger and UART-bridge on board.

Only other development kit is the more versatile CY8CKIT-050. I've got one and I am quite satisfied with that and I can recommend it, although it is some more expensive than the -59 Prototype Kit.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, first post here, reading up on these.

Mouser says they have 900+ of the CY8CKIT-059 in stock; I just got in 2 and the small sticker on back says rev 05.

I'm looking to do a small run of a product with this board as the heart of the design. If or when sales pick up, I'll design a PCB and do things more correctly. I've built a number of tools for my business using ChipKITs and Arduinos and the concept of PSoC is mind blowing, even with an EE degree.

I'll be back to ask dumb questions once I've learned enough to understand how to ask them...

Thanks,
Chris

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum and in the fascinating world of PSoCs, Chris!

Remember: There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!

Bob

0 Likes