No re-enumeration after downloading example *.img to ram, but downloading CyBootProgrammer.img works good.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. I get USBBulkLoopAuto.img by compiling the example project.

2. I download it to RAM using Contro Center. The device disappears and never enumerates again.

3. but when downloading "C:\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.1\bin\CyBootProgrammer.img" to RAM, It works good.

4. I use a custom  board, so how can I fix the problem.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,zcoder!

maybe you should change your VID/PID in your driver file

lint

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi lint,

I don't think it is the PID/VID problem. 

1. the device never renumerates in device manager.

2.I have macthed the PID/VID with driver.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same problem,when i download the frimware,the FX3 DVK BOARD can't renum.Can anyone help me?

Best Regards!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you fix your problem? How did you fix it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

When you say build the firmware, which firmware project (obtained form which SDK version) and which library are you using for building? Does it appear as unkoown devcie or some other device in Device manager or it does not appear at all? Is it possible for capturing a USB trace?

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello Zcoder,

From your description, I assume that you are using FX3 SDK 1.1. Please update to FX3 SDK 1.3 and check if you are experiencing the same.

The latest SDK can be found in the following link: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990

Attached is the bulkloop example code which is build using FX3 SDK 1.3. You can try downloading the firmware to the FX3 and check if it enumerates.

Regards,

Keerthy

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my device can no re-enumerate with the SDK1.3.  After I downloading the example *.img to ram, including the attached BulkLoopAuto.img and CyBootProgrammer.img, it can not re-enumerate. But at the left concer of Control Center, it shows programming succeed.  What's wrong?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the problem? I have the same wrong.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had same problems,
but when I began to connect
Cypress FX3 DEVBOARD not to USB 3.0 on matherboard,
 but through
PCIe USB 3.0 2-Port U-720 (1 x Ext.  + 1 x Int.  Ports) Card
(Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub),
that problems disappeared.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem when connect BeUSB 3.0 to hub D-Link DUB-1340 or to computer with chipset Intel® 7 Series/C216.

With the hub all works if I use High Speed ( CyU3PConnectState (CyTrue, CyFalse) ). But it still not works with the chipset.

And all works fine with STLab U-511 add card .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the problems with re-enumeration/booting on the DVK have been issues with cables.  Two of the Cypress supplied cables have not worked reliably on all combinations of hardware.  I've had so much trouble with cabling that I finally started using my shorter USB 3.0 cable that came with my Western Digital My Passport hard drive.  That cable has worked in every combination of host/peripheral that I have tried so far. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Cletus    I will try to use shorter cable.

0 Likes