Feature request: EEProm Usermodule

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since the PSoC4 has the ability to program itself its own flash memory there could be an EEProm emulation written. Together with an example it could help us to make self-adapting or user-programmable systems or even just to fix the slave-address of an I2C-device built with a PSoC4.

Someone from the Cypress-Team (PSoCsessors) to jump in?

Bob

0 Likes
14 Replies
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received
        We are planning 3-4 more Component Pack releases this year for PSoC Creator. An emulated EEPROM Component has been in consideration for one of these releases. I’ll make a note that we’re getting further recommendations to build this one out from our forums and hopefully you’ll see it soon. Thanks, Robyn   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Sounds pretty good! I'll stay tuned. Bob   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Forum software driving me mad! Above post was offered only in a small window, now it's an anonymus one.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Looks like the promised forum software updates are taking place. I had this small text-only windows many times in the last days (but never posted anonymously it seems). I also have seen a 'report abuse' link several times (but it did not work for me). Maybe only some servers are running the new software while the bugs are ironed out...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

If its really the forum software update, they are successfully trying to save explorer space! (smiley)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the problem is because I was using chrome. 

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        No, I'm using Firefox only, and it happens now and then (the post from yesterday was with the full editor, this one here is with the small one)   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

...and I thought that sticking to ms ie9 would minimize the problems one can run into.

well, "Programming is an art that fights back" (Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu))

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this while using IE as well, but it seems to OK now.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        I think it depends on which actual server you get when accessing the forum. The new software seems to be deployed only on some of them (or it is activated only for specific times?)   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Now I am typing the 40mm *10mm box. 🙂 I am using chrome, but no problem with IE8 in the office today.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Just tried FF, can even log in. and IE tab in FF crashed.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        I'm beginning to wonder whether the promised changes to the forum software are improvements or not...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine always joke about this.

PROGRESS in the reverse direction..

BUT 

I have a BIG text window now. 

I also noticed that when it switched to the smaller window, all the tool bars are gone as well.

0 Likes