Windows 7 OTA Profile?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something has changed in W7 since I last used this.  I'm not sure which update is responsible .  It seems that the OS no longer performs discovery when adding a ble device and requires some sort of driver in order to see anything other than the GATT Server, 'Find Me' and Proximity services.

Screenshot_032415_094233_AM.jpg

WsOtaUpgrade.exe bombs because it can't find any devices with the service:

Screenshot_032415_094047_AM.jpg

Can anybody point me to information on how to get it to recognize the BCM OTA profile so I can get some boards updated?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was an easy one....

I had a second, non BCM dongle connected to my computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was an easy one....

I had a second, non BCM dongle connected to my computer.

0 Likes

Thanks for letting us know you figured this out Jose.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I initially assumed that the computer was using a second dongle but that one wasn't powered -- I have a 7-port hub with switches to flip devices on and off.  The black on black contrast made the 2nd dongle practically invisible so I didn't see it at first and I assumed that that was the culprit when I finally did spy it.

Close, but no cigar.

It turns out that something on my laptop is causing the on-board BT radio to turn on at boot, even though I have it explicitly turned off via the Lenovo Wireless Radio Manager.  I never saw this behavior before so I assume it's due to some recent update.  Laptop is a Thinkpad T440.

Moral of the story is:  Check your device manager entries before posting a plea for help on the forums!

0 Likes