CY8CKIT-049-4xxx good news

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I complained to Cypress about the high shipping price for CY8CKIT-049-4xxx and they reduced it to 15$

So not only these boards are now available, but shipping is much more ressonable as well.

Go buy some, I'll get 5 myself 🙂

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Isn't it easier and cheaper to order kits from your local sales representative or distributor? I received mine through that channel and I'm really satisfied.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not available where I live 😕

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it still FEDEX shipping? I hope not I hate FEDEX.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW I just received some PSOC4 pieces. But Don't you hate when this happens?

The cool guys at Fedex thought it was ok to open the box (they didn't have to) and even more they decided to open the vacuum sealed bag.

Despite the package being given green light to pass customs without even papers inspection (much less contents verification) and despite all the effort the manufacturer and distributors put into sealing it, adding a dessicant bag and attaching all kinds of warnings the cool FEDEX guys decided they had to know what was inside cut the bag and opened the tray. No doubt they didn't take any ESD precautions.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suspect the customs checking your parcel for drugs and other prohibited material. There is no need for fedex to open a package, they just ship it, whatever is inside.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The NSA, they are everywhere.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The NSA is not going to open a bag like that, it is alredy isides.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was the FEDEX guys who opened it. In my country packages are asigned (mostly randomly) into one of tree channels: Green, Yellow and Red. Only packages in Red channel need fisical inspection and packages on green channel pass throu customs directly. This package was asigned Green so customs didn't even touch it. it was the fedex agents who openned it.

Anyway, did anyone already order it from the cypress store? I'm hopping that since they reduced the shipping cost they are using USPS to ship the boards.

0 Likes