Pulldown on input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

First post and let me just say I find this tech totally awesome. I picked up cy3210-psoceval1 kit and started playing with it yesterday and I'm really starting to get the hang of iit.

A bit further down the road, I'm looking to realize my own custom audio chip to use in other projects in conjunction with other uCs. I like it small so I put a dip8 cy8c27143 in the socket (requires a custom gnd wire) and works just as well as the 28 pin ICs for which the eval kit is intended. Yes, I could use the miniProg directly on the chip sitting in a regular breadboard but the kit on-board leds, switches and such comes in handy.

Now, for my question:

I'm currently playing with PWMs and have the Enable line connected to an input. Works as expected but it seems I can't use a pull down drive mode as the input is no longer routed to the regular cpu but to a digital block.

Is there a way to achieve a pull down behaviour on a digital input connected to a digital block?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just realized this isn't my first post after all, turned out I made a few post back when I was still waiting for the eval kit to arrive.

Still, I'm just as much in wonder about any pull down possibilities as described above.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From -               http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39496

Pull Up, Pull Down, Open Drain High, and Open Drain Low can be used as Input as well as Output.  An exception is when a pin is connected to the Global Input bus to route the signal to a digital block.  When a pin is connected to the Global Input bus, it cannot be configured in Pull up or Pull down modes.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your swift reply, one would think I should have been able to find that myself.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Todays devices are so capable, read complicated, that difficult to

keep in mind all ap notes, tech ref manuals, briefs, etc..

And if you are aged like me, and we are not talking fine wine, most of it

is disappearing fast.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we should all drink FINE wines

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Weren't there PSoCs in a winery already?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Video -

http://www.cypress.com/ceo/

0 Likes