The Creator's BUG must be fixed [Clock Editor]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When chose digital signal for IMO oscilation source,
Frequency item in Digital-Signal-Box never can enter.
If this can't do, other signal can't determine the frequency.      

(This is happen on Creator 2.2SP1 and Creator 2.1)      

Regards.      

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I do not have the lightest difficulties to use a digital signal as input to the clock system. Check the attached project.

I remember that you had troubles with this area before and I assumed an errornous installation. Did you overcome the previous error?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
23 Replies
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I do not have the lightest difficulties to use a digital signal as input to the clock system. Check the attached project.

I remember that you had troubles with this area before and I assumed an errornous installation. Did you overcome the previous error?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Nah! not regard with the previous trouble. It related this issue [ http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=4749&rID=80466&message=posted ] I trying to do cristal oscillation on PSoC3 instead of P4. That was happen.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Everyone and Moderator. I find a problem in configuration dialog of Control Register. In small window for setting initial value, that is not enlarge whenever the dialog was enlarged, look like the picture. So I can't change the initial value. Please Fix It. [ Creator 2.2sp1 / vista32 ]   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        Cannot someone at Cypress restore the forum-software to its original behavour? Always getting small window, no chance to post correctly Bob   
0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        @PSoC73: As I told you there IS something wrong with your window-presentation. My window looks differently Bob   
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I had this small text box for the last week. it is annoying.   
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored
        According to Dana, cleaning all the browser history and restarting the browser helps. For me, restarting the browser alone also seems to help sometimes...   
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried both, doesn't work. I am using chrome.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        I find a handy way, Increase number of bit temporarily, so can see many items and enter the initial value, therefrom decrease the number of bits. I can do that. Pooh!   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

@PSoC73,

WHAT are you talking about??? (Looking extremely flabbergasted)

Increasing WHICH number of bits???

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he is talking about the control register setting.

He increased the number of bits in the configuration tab, so can modified the lower number bits. and then set the number of bits to the correct number.(the configuration box cannot be seen now, but the value was entered).

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi HL-san "Ohio", Thank you very much for telling what I have to say. Yes just right. I forgot change the sub-title.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My crystal ball works correctly this time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Dolly's mom said ' The magic is inside you, there ain’t no crystal ball! 🙂 '   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Wait - there are no crystal balls? Then they lied to me 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, There are many crystal balls in this world, and Many magics are happening in this world. That is a truth but these things is different matter. Do not depend on the crystal ball. That's mom want to said in the "These Old Bones".   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        And I always thought magic is whats happening inside the PSoCs...   
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Oh! It's a gorgeous!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        A while ago we have a project using PSoC1 and found a bug before the board started shipping. We figure out a way to fix that with changes inside the PSoC and get it going in a weeks time. No need to redesign the PCB. THAT's magic.   
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Once in awhile, My PSoC burn the internal wiring but change the pin and does not waste the chip. That is a magic! as long as they should be fix BUGs.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another good feature. Other micros, you destroy a pin, the funtion is gone. With PSoC, just use another pin. still have the function, 🙂

ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

So the digital signal bug you're talking about I cannot reproduce.  If you remove and re-add the digital signal, are you still not able to specify a frequency?

As for the control register, it appears to be a bug with the configuration dialog based on DPI settings.  For a temporary work around, lower your DPI setting in Windows to 96 DPI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott-san "Konnitiwa"

Degital Signal issue was resolve.

It was my misunderstanding.

I can set degital signal as follows.

1) Set degital input pin and set a wire name for identify.

2) Push upper right [...] button, and set frequency to the wire.

Very easy, Thank you.

Setting dialog [click to enlarge]

WiPry_Analizer

0 Likes