16x2 LCD PIONEER KIT SHIELD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DiBr_284171
Level 2
Level 2
First question asked 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

After purchasing three Pioneer kits (early summer) I needed a better way to quickly prototype projects. This included having an LCD display and a breadboard similar to lot of the Cypress Kits like the CY310-PSoC EVAL1.

I produce 12 PCB for personal use. The PCB layout uses a separate voltage regulator, 16x2 LCD module using theHD44780 5V controller with lack light, and jumpers to select several ways to connect power.     The shields can be configured to use a breadboard or wire wrap terminals.

I’ve had no problems with LCD issues as indicated in thread CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 'ES'. The shield works with the LUMEX LCM SO 1602DSR/A LCD module (used in Cypress kits) with no back light. However, I have not tried it with a 3.3V module using the SPLC780D controller. That particular controller uses an extra 8 pin IC soldered on the back of the LCD board.  Data sheets indicate that the SPLC780D controller is compatible with the HD44780. However, the power up timing/initialization may be different.

See attached file of shield with breadboard.

James B

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you, Nice Pix   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks good. May be you can post the PCB design for other to use as well. 

0 Likes