Using DMA with USB endpoints

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

I'm looking for some sample code or good documentation for unloading a USB endpoint to SRAM with DMA. The App note "getting started with DMA" is good but doesn't cover USB endpoints, the component data sheets also pretty much leave out this topic or just gloss over it with little explanation. The DMA Wizard doesn't support USB. Any suggestions on where else to look? Thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going through the USB_LoadInEP() API. It has code for the Auto DMA and Manula DMA mode of data transfer. Code for setting up DMA for USB Endpoints is present there. Sad that Cypress has not documented this anywhere.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When *NOTHING* helps and none of the gurus had an answer yet you may always create a case (support -> Technical Support -> Create a Case) that will be answered by a Cypress employee who usually have an excellent technical background.

Give it a try (and post the solution here for us)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a reason why it is not highlighted anywhere. The source of data for USB can only be SRAM. ANY OTHER PERIPHERAL can not be used as direct source of data for USB. If for example you intend to transfer data from ADC to USB, you have to use an intermediate SRAM buffer as a common place where ADC dumps data to and USB takes data from. We have a new App Note coming up which does exactly this. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi U2,

I'm very interested in this application note because it would describe exactly what I like to implement. Is it already available?

Best Regards

Walt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah U2 this will be a legend app note how could we know it is finished and became available??

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

This thread is alredy some years old. Question was repeted and answered here:www.cypress.com/

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks alot mr.Bob i didn't notice the date until you reply. Can you be more specific I am new to this website and this community how can i find it in here.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

1st: No Mr., please. Just "Bob"

2nd: Click on the blue link on my previous post and you woill be directed to your other question where I left an answer.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I think the app note is AN56377 correct me if i am wrong. Best Regards maxdamage   
0 Likes