CY3214 PSoC Eval USB kit guide - "my first project" - TYPO alert!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuSc_283911
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

FYI -- there's a typo in chapter 5 of the guide for the CY3214 kit involving the port/pins to be used for the feedback resistor.

On page 39, the CSD Wizard global settings shown in fig 5-12, shows that P1[1] is to be used for the feedback resistor.

On page 48, in section 5.1.4 "Verify Output", the instructions say to connect the 2 kohm resistor between P0[5] and P1[5].

One terminal of the feedback resistor MUST be connected to P0[5], the other terminal can be assigned to any available pin by the designer (within hardware constraints).

The "quick fix" - if you don't want to reprogram - is to simply connect the resistor between P0[5] and P1[1] as was set in the CSD Wizard.  The moral really is that the pin you set for the feedback resistor in the CSD Wizard has to be one of the pins you actually connect it to in real life.

BTW -- a standard value 2.2 kohm resistor (5% tolerance) works just as well as the non-standard 2 kohm resistor described.

TWO HOURS to find this.  I thought for sure that the capsense buttons on my kit weren't working. 

So, how do I get this info to the proper Cypress authority so this error can be corrected?

0 Likes
5 Replies
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored
        Hi, Thanks for bring this into notice. I will forward this to the right authority and fix this. Regards, Arvind   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am afraid that there is not a typo, although it might be a bit misunderstandable. Figure 5-12 shows the DEFAULT settigs that you get before you modify according to fig. 5-13 which clearly states the pin for the resistor is p1[5].

Bob

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Yes, but there are some stale screenshots that are misleading.

@SQ -- Also, sorry for the 2 hour delay this had caused!

If you encounter any other problems with any documents or example project, you can get immediate help using Technical Support.

Please use the following link to create a case - https://secure.cypress.com/myaccount/?id=25

(or)

go to www.cypress.com

“Support”
“Technical Support”
“Create a Case”

Regards,
Arvind

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, Arvind. Any information that could be mis-leading should be avoided or corrected particularly for us non-native English speaking aliens .

We have a proverb here in Germany:

"When you have to connect two different wires to two other wires the probability to do that wrong is exactly 50%.

But this 50% are exploited to exactly 100%"

Bob

0 Likes
SuSc_283911
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Egg on face! 

Bob is right -- there is NO typo -- I was just too willing to let it be someone else's fault (i.e., not my fault).

When I was doing this project the "first time", the entries I made in the CSD Wizard "didn't take" -- dunno why, maybe I hit cancel instead of ok - whatever.  I'll bet money that when I went in and redid the CSD Wizard entries I "skimmed" the instructions and missed the P1[5] instruction step.

Thanks to both of you for your understanding!

0 Likes