Where to post (if allowed)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings -

after months of work we are about ready to release some new PSoCentric products. Along with some components to go with thim.

Initial release are a 2.8in touch screen that can be plugged directly into a PSoC5LP Development kit in place of the LCD.

Also SAK-PROTO, a stand-alone development board with 2.8in touch, RTC, RS485, uSD, microUSB ... It includes a bootloader that will accept USB or uSD hex loads.

The components to drive these will be released with the products.

So, can I post more details? Is this a good section of the forum?

Also coming is a cheap SWD programmer, and ENC424J600 10/100 Ethernet devices.

If even this message offends, sysop please delete.

-Ed

0 Likes
7 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Hmm, an ENC424J600 sounds interesting - Ethernet is still kind of a problem. Will the libraries supporting these board be open source?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

all components will be open sourced. We impose few, if any, restrictions. However some are derivative works from published projects like lwIP, FreeRTOS, etc. And their license restrictions will flow through.

For example: we have a FreeRTOS 8.01 component that you just drop onto your design, config like a normal component and it does all the rest.

The ENC424 component is an edit of the Microchip low level driver to make it PSoCentric as a component. We may have to distrbute it funny to keep them from coming down on us for distributing their software.  But the base code is licensed for use on any processor when used with the ENC424 chip.

Ed

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Thats really good news! Thanks a lot (and I think nobody would object if you post such announcements here)

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The forum unfortunately does not have a group for product

announcements, which is unfortunate. So its a bit of a crapshoot.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear that 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. I'll let this sit over the long weekend and if no real "you can't do that here" posts come in I will start posting info and components next week.

The info will be a short announcement post for each product as it is released including photo(s) and ordering information.

At the same time the components needed to work with that device (or used for other uses) will be posted in a separate post along with an example project.

Each component will be included in a j1Pub component library that will grow. If ok, later I will make a separate post for j1Pub code repository so I can release updates as it grows.

I assure you that with workload new posts will not be coming TOO close together, but replies to questions/comments would be done more frequently. It is not my intention to blitz the forum with commercial posts.

-Ed 

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

If you want to be super-nice, just create a post on your own blog (or on your web page), and link to it from here...

0 Likes