Are there any issues with Wiced Sense temperature and humidity response?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the guages on my Wiced Sense IOS App work correctly but temperature and humidity do not change when

the tag is exposed to tempeature and humidity fluctuations. Are there any know n issues? Not sure about the pressure

gauge as this should be stable.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello JT,

I dumped some messages to the console while running the app on my iPhone. In the

humidityDataReceived method I can see that the humidity packet data never changes. The same

message for temperature does show changes.

-(void)humidityDataReceived:(SInt16)data

{

NSLog(@"Humidity: %i", data);

I assume the tag is not updating the packet after the initial packet is sent when connecting.

Thanks

--Gavin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gavin

I believe that all of the sensors do work.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

If you see the firmware, the temperature, pressure and humidity value changes after every 10 intervals of the Gyro, Compass and accelerometer measures. Try to wait to see the values update slowly.  Also make sure the temperature fluctuations are having a big delta.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I hold the tag over a hot cup of water, I see the temperature change and rise every

couple of seconds. The humidity does not change, even after a few minutes. I do know that

the data has been updated, because if I disconnect and then reconnect, the humidity gauge will

indicate a significantly higher reading ie rise from 52% to 88%.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gavin,

Thank you Vikram for your explanation.

The temperature sensor on the Kit is not an Infrared Thermopile Temperature Sensor which is able to measure temperature in proximity conditions - Measuring the temperature of a Beer Mug for instance.

This is the humidity sensor that was used in the  kit: HTS221 Capacitive digital sensor for relative humidity and temperature - STMicroelectronics

Let me check with the developers for a possible driver scaling factor in the humidity sensor within the WICED Sense Kit and the iOS App.

Have you updated your iOS App to the latest version?  I believe the latest version of the iOS App was released a few weeks ago.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello JT,

Yes, I am using the latest app (v1.1).

Thanks for the help.

--Gavin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello JT,

I dumped some messages to the console while running the app on my iPhone. In the

humidityDataReceived method I can see that the humidity packet data never changes. The same

message for temperature does show changes.

-(void)humidityDataReceived:(SInt16)data

{

NSLog(@"Humidity: %i", data);

I assume the tag is not updating the packet after the initial packet is sent when connecting.

Thanks

--Gavin

0 Likes

Yes we have noticed that with the new version , but if you disconnect and connect back the humidity value changes . Try and see if you see that.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the same behavior on the earlier version of the app.

The humidity only updates if you disconnect and reconnect.

Thanks

--Gavin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

belo.xy.ding@foxconn.com<mailto:belo.xy.ding@foxconn.com>, provided the following solution

"I think in the function wiced_sense_initialize_hts221(void)

modify if(HTS221_Activate() == HTS221_OK) to if(HTS221_DeInit() == HTS221_OK)".

I modified the tag code and the humidity works perfectly now.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

--Gavin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Gavin for sharing your solution.

JT

0 Likes

I'm using  wiced sense 2 with official firmware and the official android app.

RH is not updating, only when disconnect and reconnect.

Also RH seems to be 15 to 20 % higher than real one.

I would suggest cypress to update the official firmware including Gavin's correction.

Thank you.

Adrian Fabry

0 Likes