ADC -> USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everybody ,

I want toKnow the possible means to transfer continuous  Digital output data of the DelSig ADC  through the USB simultanuously.  and if the answer is using DMA i cant find the Adresses for their TD and channel so i can use it as Periferal to Periferal transfer ADC->USB.

Thanks in advance

Maxdamage

0 Likes
13 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

On Creator's start page you can search for examples. There is one named USBFS_AUDIO which uses DMA to transfer the data. This will probably help answering your questions.

Bob

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

and take a look at   Project#102 – USB Audio using the PSoC
But I think  USBFS_AUDIO  - not a good idea - ADC data distorted Windows (volume control and built-in filter).

maybe  Is it realistic to use a high speed  USBFS example project DMA Auto Mode,  but in emulation UART mode ???

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This discusses addresses, where to find them, for ADC (and other considerations)  -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=44335     AN61102

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello PSoC masters, thanks for reply.

I  have another problem most of the projects i download it from here won't work i think they are not compatible with my version of the creator what do you propose?(screen shot for it is attached).

Another thing  AN61102 doesn't contain the distination address of the USB periferal . I've read that it isn't possible to transfer ADC output directly throuth the USB it must go through the SRAM first is that true?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, you are using Creator 2.0 while the latest version is Creator 3.0. You can download latest from Cypress's website and install, it will be co-existent with the older 2.0. Download from here secure.cypress.com/psoccreator/

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I tried to make a simple project ADC-> USB (UART).

But I do not know how to use DMA for USBUART

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

This might help -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39553     AN56377

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello people,

For the first time in my life i think when i read more  i became more confused !!

i've read the application notes suggesed by Dana which is AN56377. its very comprehensive and complex but it isn't that informative. i think the most similar project to what i wan't to do is Project 3: Increasing USB Throughput with DMA Automatic Memory Mgmt. I am trying to compile this project which will facilitate understanding what they are trying to do help me solve the error.

I want to know how can i fill the SRAM part in the cut through mode of the USB with ADC output.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

A picture does not help much, best is always to upload the complete project since it contains all your settings. Use Creator -> File -> Create Workspace Bundle and upload the resulting archive (do NOT use chrome, will not work)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        After I install the new version of the creator most of my previous projects seem to not work appropriately!!   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, boot code changed, libraries moved to nano libraries, look at

release notes in Creator Documentation and google "psoc creator

3.0 problems" and you will see where these issues were handled.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

I am trying to perceive one of the example projects that is pointed out by Bob (USBFS_AUDIO) and Iam wondering if it has app note associated with it ?

#define NUM_BUF (10u)
#define TRANS_SIZE (32u)

Why to use 10 TD and 32 Transaction bits?

Why to use unsigned numbers ? we normally use the number naked.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Have you ever seen a negative buffer count? This IS an unsigned number, and so it is expressed as such.

That is done according to the MISRA-C standard en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MISRA_C

Bob

0 Likes