CY8CKIT-042-BLE:Cannot aquire device in SWD Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been attempting to get the CY8CKIT-042-BLE to program, and haven't been having much success. I've beend trying to use the CapSebse_CSD_P4 demo project, and that built successfully. However, I consistently get Unable to Acquire device in SWD Mode, both with PSoC creator and PSoC Programmer. At the least, PSoC Programmer is able to communicate enough to update the firmware, and has successfully done so.

The port that is shows is KitProg/0B11072B011A3400.  Neither Programmer nor Creator allow me to allow me to select any protocol other than SWD.

I've tried multiple USB ports and cables, KitProg 1.2.3.3 shows up under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager, and The device has the CR2032 installed. I also tried starting in bootloader mode, which just propted me to update firmware, and then went back to the same issue.

Ideas?

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to open Cypress PSoC Programmer 3.25.0 which installed with PSoC Creator 3.3, and it warned me the dev board firmware was out of date.  Click the update firmware button, and now its working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use PSoC Programmer version 3.25.0 (latest) and update Kitprog firmware.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

3.25.0 Is the version of PSoC Programmer I am using. The Kitprog firmware version is 2.17, and that's what is installed when I update firmware.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Alex,

PSoC4 devices will only support SWD protocol. Can you please attach the snapshot of PSoC Programmer when the device is connected.

Thanks

JOBIN GT

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to open Cypress PSoC Programmer 3.25.0 which installed with PSoC Creator 3.3, and it warned me the dev board firmware was out of date.  Click the update firmware button, and now its working.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successfully Connected to KitProg/0923043201324400 at 4:06:03 PM    | KitProg Version 2.17
Opening Port at 4:06:03 PM                                          | 
Device set to CY7C65215-32LTXI at 4:06:03 PM                        | 32768  FLASH bytes

0 Likes