Using CMSIS DSP library

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Forum,

ARM provides CMSIS DSP library for its Cortex - M processor.

Has any one developed any projects using this library with the PSOC Creator?

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, I did code an RTOS using some interrupts and the systick timer

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Maybe I am confused, did you use RTOS and Systick with DSP library ?

Or is Systick and your RTOS from another library and no DSP was used ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I used CMSIS functions to access systick timer and the m0 interrupts, self-written RTOS

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Now I understand -

CMSISv4 block diagram

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BOB,

Do you still have the code or the project in which you used the CMSIS DSP library. I am facing lot of problems using the library in my project(I would better put it this way, I am constantly failing to even compile the project).

If you still have the project or know how to include those libraries and help me in compiling the project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking through the Cypress Website but with little success

Cypress Application engineers should create a knowledge base article or even write an application note on how to use the CMSIS DSP library for the PSOC. When ARM is providing the library, "PSOC USERS" can stright away use the library for their project. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry for the fuzz, bit I overlooked the "DSP" appendix, I am using the provided CMSIS library for interrupst and ticktimer.

I did not try to compile the DSP libraries from ARM yet, what problems are you facing?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The CMSIS DSP library is a major building block of the development with ARM Cortex microcontrollers, the functions that are present in this library can be used in so many field of development, I would like to ask Cypress to make a reply or a Appnote where the process of including this library is detailed step by step for PSoC 4 and PSoC 5.

Best regards,

Joao Nuno Carvalho

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In attachment i send an PSoC 4 example project that uses and includes the CMSIS DSP library, this library has many mathematical functions, FFT , filters , statistical functions , all optimized for ARM Cortex M0.

Best regards,     

João Nuno Carvalho      

0 Likes
sccac_1236541
Level 4
Level 4

I would like to second that.  I think it could be incredible benificial.  I am currently using your demo project to figure out how to use the libraries.  There is a forum post that was nicely posted but is very short and not useful unless you have prior knowledge.  Heres the link http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2492&rID=89612 

and thank you for the example, it has helped.

-Scarlson

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need Compiling to CMSIS Dsp Library. But I have a problem. I want to get FFT using DSP Library. I added the DSP library to the PSoC compiler. 

FFT libraries can be compiling. But when arm_cmplx_mag_f32 function is called it gives an "undefined reference to 'sqrtf'" 

The Math library is attached to the project. I can also use the sqrtf function in the main.c file.

For exapmple float32_t result=sqrtf(1.246467);

What could be the problem?

0 Likes

@ferhatyol_2020106 Try including math.h in your main.c file and add the 'm' to the Additional Libraries (Build Settings->Linker) to get rid of *undifined reference to 'sqrtf'*error.

Re: PSoC Creator can not find "math.h"?