CY5677 unrecognized cysmart before and after firmware update.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a CY5677 4.2 usb dongle at Digi-Key since none were in stock at cypress at the time. It came in, I plugged it in after installing all relevant kit software for both the 143 and 143-A kits and cysmart 1.2 and it wanted to do a firmware so I updated both the 5lp code and the PRoC code. the kitprog firmware was 2.16 and I used the cysmart 1.2 proc dongle code for the 4.2 CY5677 (BLE_4_2_Dongle_CySmart_256K.hex) it shows up in the device manager as both the UART and I2C but cysmart cannot see it. The 4.1 dongle and module update went fine and the examples work fine. I cannot come up with any kitprog or firmware combination that works. Does anyone have an idea how to get the CY5677 dongle to work in cysmart 1.2.

I tried the following firmware

43 dongle

43-A dongle

1.2.122 version on cypress site.

Any clues. Tried windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you try resetting the dongle by pressing the reser button. It works in many cases. If it still doesn;t run, please contact Cypress Tech Support.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I tried that also. I will keep messing with it and if I can't get it working I will submit a support ticket or maybe just buy a second one and try it. Only $20. Thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I got after the USB dongle with the microscope at work here at National Instruments and it looks like someone went after the dongle with a razor knife and tried to scrape the crap out between the pins on the 5LP. Also the programmer 10 pin connector is melted from all the rework done to it. Do they do any test engineering at the factory. I set it up in creator and tried to debug it but it just hangs at the CY_ISR(IntDefaultHandler) . I'm just going to assume it was some reworked hand me down that was shipped to Digi-Key as a new in box part and I got unlucky. I will just order a new one to much hassle for a $20 dongle.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the new dongle worked seamlessly like it was supposed to. Maybe it was a defective return to Digi-Key that got put back on  the shelf. The one I got from cypress direct was pristine compared to the other one.

0 Likes