anybody playing with 4200M yet ...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my CY8C4246AZI-M443ES (does ES mean Engineering Sample?) chip and board today and built it up.

Usual thing to do is a simple hello world with a blinking LED. In other systems I would do that with a loop, but on PSOC I usually just divide down a clock to 2hz and route it out to the HB_LED pin. Of course of PSOC4 that isn't as easy as it is with PSOC5LP, but I took the extra step of setting up the output pin for clocking output and then it works. I've done this on 4200 (non M) chips before.

Amazed to find that the M series has changed the clocking system again. No more 24 bits clocks, back to 16 bits. But according to the TRM we have more of them. Tried tossing in a freq divider from component library but that blew the UDB limit.

So I used a TCPWM (there are plenty). I made a 1Khz clock and then used the PWM to blink the clock. I left the output pin in clock mode, but I can probably switch back to a regular pin since the LINE output has probably left the clock domain.

Anyway, it works. Attached is a project to look at. All done in Creator 3.3

Now for the questions: (all done with Creat

In the results report and on the new Resource Meter (LOVE THAT FEATURE) it shows 0 of 4 digital clocks used. where did my 1Khz clock go? Aren't there supposed to be 16? Or am I ready the TRM wrong and there are 16 but 12 are internal/system vs. user.

Any other way to get a 2Hz signal? I can't find anyway to get the ILO except in the similar manner above where I have to use a TCPWM to divide it down.

The Clock Component talks about Routed1, Routed2, Routed3, Routed4 as 'existing clock source'. But I don't find anything in the TRM (that I can see). Any way that I can't find to cascade one clock into another.

My CY8CKIT-043 units finally shipped on Thursday and should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

-Ed

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

now understanding a few things:

there ARE 16 clock dividers. 12 are assigned to the 12 fixed functions. 4 are for UDB use. since my clock is feeding a FF then it is 'already there' and doesn't come out of the pool of 4.

found something about Routed1, Routed2, Routed3, Routed4 on the GUI High Freqeueny screen. Still can't see any way to cascade.

-Ed

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

2 Hz (closer to 3 Hz), systick timer.

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=94607     PSOC 4 Systick

http://www.cypress.com/?docID=49253     AN90799 (Systick as well)

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, that would work for a software implementation. later i'll have tick timers etc. in firmware.

just on psoc5lp i can use ILO and divide down. on psoc4 i can divide by 24 bits to get a 2% accurate hz clock. psoc4m will work with the clock and a TCPWM like i showed. i was wondering if any other options anyone can think of.

btw: i simplified the pin definition in the project to a simple output pin and it works fine since Line out of the TCPWM can be routed straight to an output pin.

Thanx,

-Ed

0 Likes