finding bootloadable start in map file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

When setting the flash protection for a bootloader on a psoc 3 project it's easy to find the bootloader flash start and end from the map file. The map file for a psoc 5 project is not as readable. I'm assuming that the bootloader should be protected from 0000 to the start of the bootloadable same as psoc 3. Where in the map files for bootloader or bootloadable psoc 5 project can I find this? I'm looking for the starting address of flash for the bootloadable so I can set the entire bootloader flash below it to protected.

0 Likes
4 Replies
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

I think I found it here. It appears to split at address 0x3100.

Does anyone know if it is recommended for psoc 5 to set all of bootloader to full protect and all of the remaining to field upgrade? That is what I usually do for psoc 3. What if you would like to use some flash for emulation of eeprom? Will settings interfere at all?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will need to exclude the emeeprom area from checksum calculation. For a PSoC5 you can use the internal eeprom which is easier to handle.

Bob

0 Likes
KeYp_290406
Level 4
Level 4

I'm interested in the emulated eeprom to get at more storage than the eeprom has. The data sheet and example project doesn't mention anything about checksum calculation. The flash will change as the user makes changes. Does this affect something on powerup where maybe there is a checksum verification of flash? It would be nice to allocate a block of flash in upper unused space for user flash. Thanks.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You find the checksum exclude in the bootloader datasheet pg 13

Bob

0 Likes