Debugger stops on startup without breakpoint

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Working on some changes and suddenly the debugger always stops here ->>>, but there are no breakpoints set:

void cyfitter_cfg(void) {     /* Disable interrupts by default. Let user enable if/when they want. */     CyGlobalIntDisable;      /* Enable the clock in the interrupt controller for the routed interrupts */  ->>>   CY_SET_REG8((void *)CYREG_UDB_UDB_INT_CLK_CTL, 0x01u);

There are no warnings, so I have no idea what I changed to cause this. Are there other reasons the debugger would trap, and how can I isolate them?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

I can't say for sure if that was the solution, but after disabling the linker option to remove unused code, it seems to have gone away. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
IanF_56
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked First question asked First solution authored

Hello Mike,

Can you provide the following information:

Part Number
PSoC Creator version
PSoC Programmer version
MiniProg3/KitProg version

Ideally it would also be great if you could provide your project and user.config file. Your user.config file can be found here:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\<CREATORVERSION>

Thanks,

Ian Fyall

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Please post your complete code.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

CY8C4248AZI-L485

PSoC Creator  4.0 Update 1 (4.0.0.432)

PSoC Programmer 3.25.0

MiniProg3  2.05 [3.08/2.08]

Project is similar to CY8KIT_046_USB_Audio. But confidentiality prevents me from posting my whole project. If a cypress employee emails me I can send it that way. 

The problem has come and gone and come back on the same code.

0 Likes
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5

I can't say for sure if that was the solution, but after disabling the linker option to remove unused code, it seems to have gone away. Thanks. 

0 Likes