Single ended Delsig ADC producing output of 0.209 V when input is 0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on PSOC 5LP kit. I am trying to implement an ADC , first I followed this link (https://eewiki.net/display/microcontroller/Utilizing+Analog+Peripherals+on+the+PSOC+5LP). But in this when i am working on Delsig ADC, even though the input is zero i am getting an output of 0.29V. I couldn't understand the reason behind that (but i thought this is because of Vref). SAR ADC is working fine. What is the reason and how to solve it. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your ADC is set for continueos conversion, so ADC_StartConvert() should be called only once. Before calling ADC_GetResult16() you need to wait for a conversion ready by using the ADC_IsEndConversion() API, see datasheet.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I attached the archive here.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Please follow my suggestions exactly.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I attached the file by following the procedure you mentioned in the previous comment.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The file you provided does not contain a complete project. Try for yourself: Download and expand, then try tp open with Creator

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for that. I attached a new file. please check this.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Your ADC is set for continueos conversion, so ADC_StartConvert() should be called only once. Before calling ADC_GetResult16() you need to wait for a conversion ready by using the ADC_IsEndConversion() API, see datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, Thanks for the help for the information. I changed the code as per your suggestion, but now its returning null in UART. I attached image of the output in teraterm. I also attached project, please take a look in to this. Thanks!!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In System view change the Heap Size to 0x0200

In Project -> Build Settings -> Linker  set "use newlib nano float formatting" to True.

Happy coding

Bob