How can the BCM20737 be flashed?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

how can I flash the BCM20737 Controller on the Development Kit?

In the moment I have to reprogram it over and over again when I remove the USB-plug and put it in again...

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

If you are struggling to get the device to go back into 'programming mode' from 'application mode', follow the steps in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) as it will step you through the jumper settings and process needed to move between these modes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56

Not sure I understand the question.

The Broadcom development kit for the BCM20737 contains a BLE device with external NVRAM (EEPROM is what's used on the board, but others have figured out how to get the SFLASH to work as well).

You program/flash the device using either the SDK or a series of command line tools we provide.

It is not possible to program the NVRAM directly as their is a propritary programming protocol used for this purpose and ONLY available within the SDK or the associated command line tools.

All of this is discussed here: Re: BCM20737S flashing process

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

If you are struggling to get the device to go back into 'programming mode' from 'application mode', follow the steps in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) as it will step you through the jumper settings and process needed to move between these modes.

0 Likes