Why do CFA_BSC_STATUS etc. warn in Smart IDE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

First of all, I'm so sorry for my poor English.

I'm trying to develop BCM20737S by using WICED Smart IDE on Win7 64bit.

I installed WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.0-IDE-Installer.exe and 7zip.

However, there are many errors (Type 'xx' could not be resolved.) in sample codes (i2c_temperature_sensor.c and hello_sensors etc.). 

For example, there are errors on following:

CFA_BSC_STATUS

CFA_BSC_STATUS_INCOMPLETE

CFA_BSC_STATUS_SUCCESS

HANDLE_HELLO_SENSOR_SERVICE_UUID etc.

Although I executed IDE installer.exe and IDE installer.exe through 7zip, this problem was not resolved.

Please tell me what to do.

Sincerely,

Ishikawa.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you mentioned, IDE Editor window shows some errors/warnings.

But it can be built and run without any problem.

So please ignore them now.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Something doesn't seem right,

So you installed SDK 2.2 for Windows using the installer here correct: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

I ask because you also mentioned the .z file, which is a manual install process.

Once installed, did you go into windows device manager and make sure the FTDI USB to Serial drivers installed properly?

Lastly, are you double-clicking the Make Target itself when you compile and run, or, are you trying to compile and run the program through the menus within the eclipse IDE?  Note that the latter will not work, you need to double-click the make target.

Probably the best example to start with is the basic HRM sample described in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf_mmfae

Thank you for your kindness.

>I ask because you also mentioned the .z file, which is a manual install process.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding about this.

I installed WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer

,but I faced the same errors.

>Once installed, did you go into windows device manager and make sure the FTDI USB to Serial drivers installed properly?

Yes.FTDI USB to Serial drivers installed properly.

>Probably the best example to start with is the basic HRM sample described in the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board)

I double clicked HRM sample and  confirmed that it works properly by using LightBlue.

Then, now I want to develop application using I2C. So, I watch i2c_temperature_sensor.c which is a sample using I2C. However, there are many errors in this code and I cannot build it. So, although I imitated a part of code for i2c, I cannot compile because of the same error.

Why does this happen? How can I complie this?

i2c_temperature_sensor.c includes cfa.h and cfa.h defines CFA_BSC_STATUS etc. in enum.

Is Path setting needed?

Sincerely,

Ishikawa.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean you can build and run HRM sample, but error occurs with i2c_temperature_sensor sample?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmiya

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

>For WICED Smart, "Make Target" should be used for building application.

Please follow instructions in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board).

I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I checked it again.

>Do you mean you can build and run HRM sample, but error occurs with i2c_temperature_sensor sample?

Yes. I thought I double clicked HRM sample and checked that it works by using iPhone. However, I practiced the process of  "Creating an Application for a New Device" of WICED Smart Designer Software User Manual once,  I cannot check it. Console indicate "Download complete" just like Quick start Guide when I double clicked HRM sample, but I intend to check it by using LightBlue, the name, service and characteristic indicated are not changed. (However, local name and Service UUID indicated in ADVERTISEMENT DATA are changed.)

Why does this happend? I reinstall WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows), but the situation is not changed.

I'm using Koshian board equipped with BCM20737S.

Koshian - Mpression

Is this the source of the problem?

Sincerely,

Ishikawa.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Let me check whether IDE installation has successfully finished first.

Latest Windows IDE can be downloaded here: WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

It requires 32-bit vertion of JRE. Please see below thread for detail.

Wiced Smart SDK Java issue

Then you don't need to install .7Z SDK at this time since it's included in the above installer.

Another question is how you build sample codes.

For WICED Smart, "Make Target" should be used for building application.

Please follow instructions in WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board).

<WICED-Smart-SDK>/Makefile will also help your understanding about it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I'm sorry for misunderstanding.

>Yes. I thought I double clicked HRM sample and checked that it works by using iPhone. However, I practiced the process of  "Creating an Application for a New Device" of WICED Smart Designer Software User Manualonce,  I cannot check it. Console indicate "Download complete" just like Quick start Guide when I double clicked HRM sample, but I intend to check it by using LightBlue, the name, service and characteristic indicated are not changed. (However, local name and Service UUID indicated in ADVERTISEMENT DATA are changed.)

Why does this happend? I reinstall WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows), but the situation is not changed.

I turn off Bluetooth of iPhone once and delete pairing data. Then, the data indicated on LightBlue is changed.

I apologize again.

However,I confirmed that HRM sample works properly but i2c_temperature_sensor sample does not work although console indicated "Download complete".  Doesn't this sample work without temperature sensor?

Sincerely,

Ishikawa.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me clear what your question/issue is.

Has CFA_BSC_STATUS error resolved?

If yes, please create another case for new question/issue.

Anyway, If you modify something like GATT DB, old one will stay in your smartphone.

So please add BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random to the end of Make Target.

i2c_temperature_sensor sample requires LM73 sensor.

Please read comments at the top of the i2c_temperature_sensor.c.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmiya

>Let me clear what your question/issue is.

>Has CFA_BSC_STATUS error resolved?

>If yes, please create another case for new question/issue.

I'm sorry for asking about many points.

Perhaps, ICFA_BSC_STATUS etc. error have not resolved yet.

Please look at this picture about i2c_temperature_sensor.c:

WICED Smart IDE i2c_temperature_sensor,c.png

As I was saying, why does this happen?

>Anyway, If you modify something like GATT DB, old one will stay in your smartphone.

So please add BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random to the end of Make Target.

I understand. Thank you for telling me.

>i2c_temperature_sensor sample requires LM73 sensor.

Please read comments at the top of the i2c_temperature_sensor.c.

I get the point. I apologize again.

Sincerely

Ishikawa.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you mentioned, IDE Editor window shows some errors/warnings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmiya

>As you mentioned, IDE Editor window shows some errors/warnings.

Oh... I understand.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your kindness, dmiya.

0 Likes