Can't Connect to WIFI SoftAP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We use the Inventek module  ISM43362_M3G_L44 which uses the STM32F205 processor. the Host(STM32F205)  will continuously receive streaming audio data(PCM format) from another HD radio DSP chip through I2S interface. Then the host will pack the PCM streaming audio data to UDP packets and send these packets to the Android tablet through wifi_SoftAP. In addition, the Host(STM32F205) will also receive the commands through TCP socket from the tablet. Our host application uses has two threads that handle both the TCP socket and UDP socket communication, respectively. But When I use "#define SOFT_AP_SECURITY     WICED_SECURITY_WPA2_AES_PSKSOFT_AP_SECURITY"  instead of "#define SOFT_AP_SECURITY WICED_SECURITY_OPEN" in wifi_config_dct.h, the tablet will fail on connecting to wifi_softAP on device/module. the make target command is "demo.hdradio_UDP_streaming-ISM43362_M3G_L44 download run"

Can you please investigate this?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
5 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

How do you define the "WICED_SECURITY_WPA2_AES_PSKSOFT_AP_SECURITY"?

Could you share some of your setup so that I can try to duplicate here?

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When I define #define SOFT_AP_SECURITY     WICED_SECURITY_OPEN, my application works fine.

when I define  #define SOFT_AP_SECURITY     WICED_SECURITY_WPA2_AES_PSK, the tablet will fail on connecting to the wifi_softAP on device/module. Also I saw error messages below from my udp packet send thread.

UDP tx packet creation failed 2

UDP tx packet creation failed 2

It seems that my very busy udp send thread fights the CPU resoursce with the wifi wpa2 connection.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have setup the .../apps/snip/apsta snip app softAP in .../apps/snip/apsta/wifi_config_dct.h as following:

/* This is the soft AP available for normal operation */

#define SOFT_AP_SSID        "WICED Soft AP"

#define SOFT_AP_PASSPHRASE  "abcd1234"

#define SOFT_AP_SECURITY    WICED_SECURITY_WPA2_AES_PSK

#define SOFT_AP_CHANNEL      1

I could connect to the BCM943362WCD4 from Windows PC and iPhone.

Are you trying to connect to the Wiced device while you are sending data to another already connected client?

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When my Wiced application starts, it will continuously send the data to the client (Samuang tablet). But at the moment, my client doesn't connect to the Wiced device yet. Then I am trying to connect to the Wiced device from the client using wifi setting on the tablet, it always fails. If I put 50 ms delay between sending data, the tablet can connect to the Wiced device. But our application can't allow the delay. It seems that my sending data thread is preventing the connection.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figure out the solution by reducing the application thread priority.

0 Likes