About the bleprofile_GenerateScanRspData function?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on thread: Re: About the bleprofile_GenerateScanRspData function?

I'm not able to find that variables declaration... Where can i find them? Maybe are them defined in a pre-compiled library? The arm none eabi compiler complains that's not able to locate them. Thks

0 Likes
1 Solution

bleprofile_adv_num = 0x0 and bleprofile_scanrsp_num = 0x0 may be required as a workaround only with SDK 2.x. You don't need these with SDK 1.x.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Could you point to which variable definition you are referring to in your question.

for the below two API's the adv and scr are the variables you referring to ?

bleprofile_GenerateADVData(adv, 3);

bleprofile_GenerateScanRspData(adv_scan, 1);

Then you declare the two as a BLE_ADV_FIELD struct ( This is declared in the bleprofile.h)

BLE_ADV_FIELD adv[3];

BLE_ADV_FIELD adv_scan[1];

-vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vik,

in the answer marked as correct He says to put the following code

{

extern UINT8 bleprofile_adv_num;

extern UINT8 bleprofile_scanrsp_num;

bleprofile_adv_num = 0x0;

bleprofile_scanrsp_num = 0x0;

}

before calling     bleprofile_Init(bleprofile_p_cfg); or whatever configuration pointer you use. I'm pointing to the first two variables.

0 Likes

the two API's have second argument which these variables are pointed.

That's where these variables are used , if you read the function definitions in bleprofile.h these second arguments for each functions are referred to as number of  fields.

bleprofile_GenerateADVData(adv, bleprofile_adv_num);

bleprofile_GenerateScanRspData(scr, bleprofile_scanrsp_num);

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I've seen the hel about that function, but still I don't know why should I declare that two extern variables and initialize them to 0. I'm not able to find that variables around the libraries so the compiler will always complain that's not able to resolve that symbols...

0 Likes

bleprofile_adv_num = 0x0 and bleprofile_scanrsp_num = 0x0 may be required as a workaround only with SDK 2.x. You don't need these with SDK 1.x.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what's the solution for the SDK 1.1.0?

0 Likes

Are you seeing the same problem described here: About the bleprofile_GenerateScanRspData function? ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It's the same problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, no workarounds?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Raffaello,

At this point we need to investigate.

Let us discuss this with the developers to see if we can find an appropriate workaround.

Sincerely,

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a workaround for SDK 1.X.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it is normal that a product stating that's compliant with bluetooth 4.0 does not work in setting the scan response and i don't think it is normal that I have to up a thread in order to get a response after one week about this problem. I have also to say that the documentation about the product and the sdk is really really poor and finding a solution to a problem is really really slow. I'm very disappointed with this broduct and with broadcom.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you confirm that this problem has been corrected in the sdk 2.x.x for the BCM20736?

0 Likes

The work around described above should be used with SDK 2.x, which is the SDK used for the BCM20736.

0 Likes