BCM20732S connected to Kinetis FRDM KL02Z via UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have connected BCM20732S to Kinetis FRDM KL02Z micro-controller via UART on a PCB for an application where I would like to to send data from the micro-controller to the BCM20732S and further send that data over the bluetooth. Can someone suggest me how to go ahead with it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

You would need to write a uart driver that runs on the Freescale MCU that talks to our device.

If you look at the puart_control example in the SDK, we provide Windows source and an application that talks to our part over the PUART.  You could perhaps use that code to assist in the writing of your driver.

We also have consulting partners such as embeddedmasters that have written MCU specific drivers that talk to our device. You may be able to hire them to develop a driver for your application.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

You would need to write a uart driver that runs on the Freescale MCU that talks to our device.

If you look at the puart_control example in the SDK, we provide Windows source and an application that talks to our part over the PUART.  You could perhaps use that code to assist in the writing of your driver.

We also have consulting partners such as embeddedmasters that have written MCU specific drivers that talk to our device. You may be able to hire them to develop a driver for your application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the SDK version 2.2 which has the puart_control example works with BCM20736 and BCM20737 but not with BCM20732S. But I am using BCM20732S in my device. So in that case, how shall I establish communication via UART?

0 Likes

The PUART_CONTROL application has not been tested/verified with the 20732 device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is there any other application that I can refer to for writing the uart driver for 20732 device? It would be great if you could help me find a sample code for the same.

0 Likes

You should be able to use puart_control in SDK 2.2 as a reference/starting point for your app on 20732S/SDK 1.1. The API are more-or-less the same.

0 Likes