Programming Failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I program the FX3 with the Control Center, I always get "Programming Failed" even though the DVK will enumerate as the new device. Is this just a bug in the conrol center or is the FX3 not programming correctly?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the release version of Superspeed SuiteUSB? This issue should have been fixed in that. Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am using the released version of the Superspeed SDK.  The version of the driver is:

The version of the USB Control Center is:

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem, and my version of Cyconsole 1.0.0.1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I confirmed with Cypress FAE that this is still a bug.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

no problem when using the usb2.0 programmer failed only when you are using usb3.0.

just turning on cycontrol again,  can write is possible. but annoyance every time.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installed the latest versions, confirmed the problem with USB3.0, USB2.0 is OK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.

It only happens with some USB controllers.

On my main Win7 x64 development machine these controllers report that programming failed.
Renesas uPD720200, uPD720201, Etron EJ168, TI7340, ASmedia ASM1042

But it doesn't happen withFresco Logic FL1009 or VLI VL800. It succeeds on these.

Even though it reports that it failed on the Renesas controllers, it does actually work (the downloaded code is up and running afterwards).

On a different machine, but still Win7 x64, it does report success with a uPD720200. but fails on uPD720201.

The same hardware on Win8 release preview gives different results again.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a same problem. My computer uses on board Etron EJ168 USB3.0 controller. How can I fixed the programming failed problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Using my new laptop with Intel USB 3.0, programming the RAM fails.  2.0 works fine.  Using a desktop with ASMedia controller, and RAM programs correctly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few more issues are solved in the latest SDK. Please try with that one.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990

0 Likes