What is endpoint 3 or 7?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am playing around with isochronus transfers and I cant seem to get them to work.  A few forum posts say that multi burst transfers only work on endpoint 3 or 7.  What do I need to set to acheive this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

High bandwidth Isochronous endpoints are those that support transfers of more than one packet of data at USB Hi-Speed and one burst of data at USB SuperSpeed, per micro-frame. The FX3 device supports high bandwidth Isochronous transfers only on the Endpoints 3 and 7 (both IN and OUT). Please ensure that these endpoints are selected whenever high bandwidth Isochronous data transfers are used.

For doing this, please change the following #defines in the header file as shown here:

#define CY_FX_EP_PRODUCER               0x03    /* EP 3 OUT */

#define CY_FX_EP_CONSUMER               0x83    /* EP 3 IN */

#define CY_FX_EP_PRODUCER_SOCKET        CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_PROD_3    /* Socket 3 is producer */

#define CY_FX_EP_CONSUMER_SOCKET        CY_U3P_UIB_SOCKET_CONS_3    /* Socket 3 is consumer */

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Is there any relation to a bulk transfer? Which endpoints should I use in bulk mode? Why are 3 or 7 usually used? Thanks, Lumpi   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

There is no relation to Bulk transfers. You should be able to use any endpoint for Bulk.

But ISO mult packtes are supported only for endpoint 3 and 7. Only UIB_SOCKETs 3 and 7 are designed to support ISO with mult settings enabled.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes