How to check, whether FX3 is working in super speed or high speed?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have connected FX3 Evaluation board to USB 3.0 host controller on my PC loaded with UVC example firmware. Here I want to know that whether it is working in Super speed or High speed. How to check this?

Thanks,

Subbarao.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can suggest you two ways: 

1. Checking the traffic, If you have any USB analyzer with you.

2. Just for testing keep a different PID for "CyFxUSB30DeviceDscr" and "CyFxUSB20DeviceDscr". You can check the PID value once it is enumerated in the PC. You can look for the device in device manager -> properties of our device ->details.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tested with two different PIDs, in host pc always it is showing PID of 2.0 device descriptor.

So does it mean that FX3 is not being detected as 3.0 device?, in this case what can be the issue?

Thanks,

Subbarao.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Win7 x64 with WinUSB as my driver.

Since Win7 does not suppot USB3.0 it always returns HS for the speed when the device is opened. Depsite this it IS linked up at SS and does perform like SS.

So I prefer to get the FX3 to confirm it's own idea of the link speed. When the app running on the FX3 starts up it has to check the conenction speed before it can configure the endpoint size. ome of the samples printf "FS" or "HS" of "SS" at this point to confirm their connection speed. eg. the BulkSrcSink example prints this in the switch statement in the function CyFxBulkSrcSinkApplnStart()  (see source file cyfxbulksrcsink.c)

Of course you need to have a terminal attache to the serial port to view the debug tty output.

In my case it is clearly printing "SS" confirming that I am connected in superspeed mode.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed a USB 3.0 PCI express card on my host PC and also installed the drivers given by manufacturer. Still FX3 is being detected as High speed device only. I have called "CyU3PUsbGetSpeed" API, it return 0x02 (high speed).

Is it require to install any other drivers on host PC?

Is it reuire any modifications in the given Cypress example projects?

Thanks,

Subbarao.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the PCI Express USB3.0 controller adapter card that you are using. Is it PEXUSB3S2?.

Is it enumerating in USB2.0 all the time or some times?

Can you please test that DVK with the different USB3.0 host controllers or PCs, if possible.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've updated my SKD to Version 1.2. Since this update the functions CCyUSBDevice->bHighSpeed and CCyUSBDevice->bSuperSpeed are both always true.

If I check CCyUSBDevice->MaxPaketSize it is always 205.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

have you tried different USB3.0 cables? Sometimes are they responsible for enumeration under just USB2.0.

regards

lumpi

0 Likes