How can I read the .cysch file?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I open the TopDesign.cysch file to read what is in it? 

Thanks for the help.

(sorry the bad english)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Double click it in Workspace Explore / Source TAB. Isn't it open?   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Double click it in Workspace Explore / Source TAB. Isn't it open?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've opened it in notepad, it seem like a serialized binary object., you will probably be able to properly read it using any HexEditor

HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

This file is not designed to be human-readable. Open the accompanying project in Creator, and from there open the schematic file.

Or is there any other reason you want to read this files contents?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try to read using a HexEditor. Thanks for the help.

ps: I need to read this file for my project.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't read with HexEditor too. Any other suggestions? I really need to read this file. Tks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell us why you need to read this file? Is that for some kind of version control or system archieve?

ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The file is a schematic gui file. So its a mix of tags, object properties, color,

luminance, vectors, coordinates...........

It is opened and viewed by a tool within creator. If you double click it

in Creator a schematic is displayed and you are permitted to modify

it with the schematic editor and the properties of the module you are

placing.

That is how you open it.

Regards, Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I trying to create a simple program that export the schematic to a simulator, that's why i'm trying to read the file. Reading the file, i can identify the circuit and export it to a simulator. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many of the files open like xml file, but the TopDesign don't. I'm trying to figure out how to open in a readable way.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        Some observations:   
- it is not compressed, since one can read the strings in it   
- its unicode / UTF16 (but it hasn't a BOM at the beginning)   
- there are many strings which read like class names (e.g. CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3DB.CySsModelHeader)   
- remember, Creator is a .NET-application   
- there are also class field names in the files (e.g. m_compName)   

So most likely this is serialized object structure, generated directly from the internal representation of the schematic   
So you should try to read it with .NET (or Mono). I don't know enough about .NET to tell whether this can be done without the original classes. But I think there should be something like a generic reflection capability.   
Maybe try to create a serialized object structure in .NET first, to see how the headers are formed (to see whether this matches the beginning of the file, or if there is anything else added).   

I hate this edit window 😞 Can we please have a forum?   
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realize it was a .Net application. Thanks for the info. Usually to deserialize an object you need the original class. Although you can try writing a smal net appplication to deserialize it and then serialize it into XML.

But, I doubt you will get enought info for a simulation. You will get better chance manualy writing your simumation data from the schematic.

0 Likes
lalec_300236
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
        you may need to ask Cypress to get the information about the contents of the file. I think it would be quicker to draw it with the package you use for simulation.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Actually from what I can see in the file one should be able to generate a complete netlist from the schematic. There seem to be objects for all the components, and for all the wires (even with names...).

The problem with the simulation is then more a problem of simulating the components.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that is not a simple thing to do. But, for now, i need to understand how PSoC Creator works with the schematic, even if i can't do what i want.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Anyway, I know another example of schematic with simulator. That is Xilinx ISE. that's schematic is wrote by VHDL and that's simulator is working with this VHDL and VHDL for simulation. it might be help for your concern.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

How does looking at Xilinx ISE schematic files help with how Creator stores its schematics?

Anyway, your best guess right now is looking to .NET serialization /deserialization. Google yields some interestings pages:

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        "Anyway, your best guess right now is looking to .NET serialization /deserialization. Google yields some interestings pages:" That's what i'm going to do! Tks!   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
        If you find anything interesting, please report back here... I'm sure there will be people interested in your findings (I'm surely are)   
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update in my problem, I'll post it here.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi aamaral,

i have now nearly the same problem, i need to understand the formal of the *.cysch file und read it eternally(e.g. with text editor)

Did you find out how to do this?

Regards

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

File a CASE -

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes