Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time working with Eclipse and the FX3, and I have been having a lot of trouble getting even the example First_FX3_App code to work in Eclipse. Any and all help would be incredibly appreciated!

I have been following various documentation for setup from the SDK from Cypress and different forums (this is my first time working solo with an IDE), and worked through a great deal of errors along the way just to hit a real roadblock last week. I cannot for the life of me get any example code to debug or run. It does build, which was encouraging when I finally got that to work, but I have made very little progress since.

Recently, I have been switching around the debugger in debugger configurations, each of which comes up with a different error message:

Debugger: Embedded GSB

Error: 'Launching New_configuration' has encountered a problem. An internal error occurred during: "Launching New_configuration". java.lang.NullPointerException

Debugger: gdb/mi

Error: 'Launching New_configuration' has encountered a problem. Target request failed: Error creating process C:\Users\me\Cypress\ffx3apptest\First_FX3_App\Release\First_FX3_App.elf, (error 193).

Debugger: gdbserver

Error: 'Launching nNew_configuration' has encountered a problem. Target selection failed. /dev/ttyS0: No such file or directory. /dev/ttyS0: No such file or directory. /dev/ttyS0: No such file or directory.

Debugger: MinGW gdb

Error: 'Launching New_configuration' has encountered a problem. Target request failed: Error creating process C:\Users\me\Cypress\ffx3apptest\First_FX3_App\Release\First_FX3_App\elf, (error 193).

I'm not sure which debugger is the correct one, or which error is the lesser of four evils. I've researched each one individually and tried to fix them (cleaning the project, rebuilding the project, reinstalling the SDK and Eclipse, and deleting .metadata are a few methods tried and failed), and I don't really know what else to do at this point given my limited experience with this.

My error for running the project has been the same for awhile:

'Launching New_configuration' has encountered a problem. Error starting process.

Cannot run program "C:\Users\me\Cypress\ffx3apptest\First_FX3_App\Release\First_FX3_App.elf": Launching failed

Cannot run program "C:\Users\me\Cypress\ffx3apptest\First_FX3_App\Release\First_FX3_App.elf": Launching failed

I don't know what I am doing wrong, I'm guessing something with configurations, toolchains/gdbs, or even the way I imported the project. I followed the EZ-USB FX3 Development Kit Guide from the Cypress website and selected File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace, and followed the following few directions, but the errors still come up. I have read a few forum posts that allude to that possibly being part of a problem, but it could just as easily be anything else.

Here are some additional details that could be either related or unrelated:
- When I tried testing out a different example project, I ended up with a ton of semantic errors that could only be solved by manually linking all the library/header files to the Paths and Symbols tab in Properties, and even that didn't get all of them. I have since focused only on First_FX3_App, which has no semantic errors.

- For the longest time, the error I kept getting from the debug was "Failed to execute MI command: -exec-run, message from debugger back end: Error creating process C:Users/me/Cypress/ffx3apptest/First_FX3_App/Release/First_FX3_App.elf, (error 193)." After messing with things today and getting all the gdb options as shown above, I've gotten those instead.

- My CYUSB3 board also does not connect over USB3.0, only USB2.0. When plugged in to the USB3.0 port, it does not get recognized at all by the device manager. Not sure what type of problem this is, but it'll be more pressing later.

I appreciate any input or suggestions or questions! It's nice to now be a part of a forum that I've spent so many hours reading in the past month.

Thank you!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a Tech Support case with us so that our engineers can investigate this further.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else has any input/suggestions, please join in because the tech support case is not really getting much. Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!!

I am having the same problem.

Some idea of how can be solved this issue?

Regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit of progress was made with the tech support case, but there has been a lull in responses recently. If they respond and we can figure out the root of the issue I will post it here. 

0 Likes
brsi_1319346
Level 1
Level 1

i'm working through AN75705, just the 'getting started' app note and have not been able to run an example project after importing (yes, I clicked on copy contents across.)

Got this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application and beat your head against a brick wall for most of the rest of the day."

Any clues?

0 Likes