PSoC 4 SD Card Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys and Gals,

I'm wondering if theres a way to interface with an SD Card using SPI alone? There doesn't seem to be a nice way to do this in PSoC4.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
9 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This program should work.

0 Likes
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, Cutty Bear. I tried opening the file you attached and ran / updated the components because there was an incompatable component -> cyboot. Afterwards i'm getting this error:

Build error: undefined symbol `RomVectors' referenced in expression

What version of PSoC Creator are you using and is the device you are using PSoC 4?

Also by any chance what is the use of SD_PWR?

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

May be  FatFS ?

Use an SD card with PSOC 4 BLE

0 Likes
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

@ pavloven, the target device is PSoC 5LP, I changed it to the PSOC 4 BLE using CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Baseboard with the CYBLE-224116-EVAL. It's also saying that cy_dma (RX and TX) are in compatible. Any ideas how to resolve this? If it's also possible could you attach a schematic of the wiring? I'm unsure what Pin_1 is being used for. Thank you for the help!

Errors:

Error in component: NSDSPI_RX. The cy_dma_v1_70 component (NSDSPI_RX) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component.

Error in component: NSDSPI_TX. The cy_dma_v1_70 component (NSDSPI_TX) is not compatible with the selected device. Please check the component datasheet for details on updating to a compatible component.

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

I did not mean NSDSPI
There is still a link:

https://github.com/hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs

PSoC4M_FatFs 
PSoC4_FatFs     
PSoC5LP_FatFs

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Please find the example project attached.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, vsrs.    emFile_Proto_PSoC4_V322c      what is it?
I did not find the catalog  PSoC4 in emFile_V322c

0 Likes
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

@vsrs I'm currently testing out the project and i'll get back to you on how it goes. Thanks for the help irregardless of the outcome!

0 Likes
ChNi_2249236
Level 3
Level 3

@vsrs I get the following message when I try to build the code:

Build error: FS.h: No such file or directory

EDIT: I found the files in the emfile package on the cypress website. After populating the header files and placing the link library files in the proper places the code compiled but it is hanging on FS_Init() when I ran the code.

0 Likes