which files to archive for a design.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am unsure which files actually contain source material and which are derived or statically installed.

I have been archive my own .c/.h files, and the TopDesign.cysch only. Is this adequate to restore a project?

--Gregg

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Correct archival action is to select (click) project in the Project Explorer window->File->Create Archive Bundle->Minimal. Once done, you may delete folder 'Generated code' inside archive to further reduce size.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Correct archival action is to select (click) project in the Project Explorer window->File->Create Archive Bundle->Minimal. Once done, you may delete folder 'Generated code' inside archive to further reduce size.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As long as you haven't changed anything within the generated files you can delete them. Then you may run a "Clean" and then archiving the project with "minimal" option.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deleted (with dos command 'rd /s <directory>') the following directories. CortexM0, codegentemp, and Generated Source.  then rebuilt the code with Menu->Debug->program  without any apparent problems.

These directories not deleted by Build-> Clean <project>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which of the project files need to be saved? so that the original output can be rebuilt.   I am archiving PROJECT.cydwr. but not the others which seem to be mostly related to the IDE, state.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I can tell looking at the raw files in the project, for sure you should include any source/header files you write, and the schematic file. There are probably more you should include, but I know you can leave out the generated files since those are built by the compiler.

0 Likes