Sense and Control Dashboard: Export data question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I'm wondering if it is possible to export data to a text file continuously without having to click export.   

I'm trying to read the data in real-time and rather not have someone constantly clicking export.   
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will have to write an software application for this. There is another way to do this. (I have not tried this though) .... get a script software like

AutoHotKey that I have. Then define the sequences to export to the file and keep the script running.... done

wish you all the best

Regards,

0 Likes
saiprashanthc_
Employee
Employee
        Abhijeet ,   

I dont think so you can make this by writing a script . Because when you do export it asks for a seperate .csv file to be created. So i dont think so you can always update the same excel sheet. And more over the data which it sends is the total data that has been stored between the particular dates.   

Instead there is an option for continuous recording After binding goto -> Console -> Start recording   
This continuously records the information to a txt file.   

Regards,   
Sai Prashanth   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Sai,   

Your suggestion looks better.... but I feel we should try making it more flexible so that apart from just exporting the reports we can do much more interesting things with it .... what say ????   
0 Likes
saiprashanthc_
Employee
Employee
        Abhijeet,   

Exactly , we need to write the Visual C application for that.   

Regards,   
Sai   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   

I tried the console option to record continously to file and read the real-time data. However, I am not able to open the file while recording is in progress. I could open & read the file only after stopping the recording. Am I missing something? I am running SCD on Vista.   

Thanks,   
-Yani   
0 Likes
saiprashanthc_
Employee
Employee
        Yes, Exactly even i am facing the same problem. You will not be able to open the note pad file when the SCD is running continously. You need to develop your own VC# application for custom based applications.   

Regards,   
Sai   
0 Likes