SuiteUSB 3.4 and cyapi.lib

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have a project where I have managed and unmanaged code. I am assuming I can use the dll in my managed code (which I have working) and cyapi.lib in my c++ code. However, the cyapi.lib included in SuiteUSB 3.4 gives me the following error in VS2005:   

Error 1 fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module c:\Development\mydir\cyapi.lib 1   

I am guess that maybe the borland .lib was the only one included. Any suggestions?   
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        These compatibility issues are quite confusing... The one in suiteusb3.4 works with VS2008 very well... try downloading the cyapi.lib that comes with cy4604... i don't remem a prob working with it in VS2005... Not sure...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        aasi you are correct. The cyapi.lib that comes in DevStudio is compatible with VS2005 and is also compatible with the cyusb.sys in SuiteUSB 3.4, according to the tech that services my support case. Problems solved! Thanks for the reply.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   

this seems to be due to an incompatibility between Visual Studio 2008 and VS2005 SP1.   

For me a hotfix from Microsoft solved the issue.   

Please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 949009.   

http://support.microsoft.com/?...n-us%3B949009&x=16&y=8   

Frank   
0 Likes