PSoC5 initial samples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When the PSoC5 is released for samples, which part numbers will be the first to be released?   
0 Likes
8 Replies
JamesD_81
Employee
Employee
First like received Welcome!
        The very first part number for PSoC 5 that is released will be the CY8C5588AXI-060 (100TQFP) superset part. Then following shortly behind will be the same superset part in the 68QFN and 48SSOP packages.   

Thanks!   
Jim   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        How soon can I get a sample of the CY8C5588AXI-060?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I saw on the psocdeveloper forum, an man tells Q1 2010. I'm also looking forward to buy or get sample of PSoC5.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have experience with ARM7 from tree vendors.   
As end-user I'm expect that PsoC5 ARM has an dedicated pin (not multifunction pin)   
that we use to tell to ARM if we going to use Serial Download or JTAG.   
This works well in case of NX* and Analo* ARMs, but fail in case of an Luminar* ARMs.   
In case of multifunction for that kind of pin, it can happened that you can't unlock device,   
depend on function that you have select for that pin.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I see there is still no news about when we will actually see these devices. I'm not so concerned with when I will see a sample, I want to know when I will see a development/starter kit.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The PSoC 5 kits and samples will all be available by the end of May.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

PSoC5 Starter kit is here, but no devices, no samples of devices and no indication about the their price and availability.

Can someone please shed some light here.

Jan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC 5 samples are available now through distribution and sales.

2 parts are available for sampling: CY8C5588AXI-060ES1 and CY8C5588LTI-114ES1.

We also have 3 kits that contain PSoC 5: http://www.cypress.com/?id=2218

CY8CKIT-001 PSoC Developement Kit

CY8CKIT-010 CY8C55 Family Processor Module (for customer who bought the CY8CKIT-001 before it contained PSoC 5)

CY8CKIT-014 PSoC 5 FirstTouch Starter Kit

0 Likes