debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

am using psoc designer 5.0. i am unable debug my program.

just like in keil , is it possible to debug programs in psoc designer 5.0.

Thanking u

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hi Vishnu,

The only possibility to debug using PD5.0 is using an ICE-CUBE (CY3215DK http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3411).

Best Regards,
Rolf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Mr.Rolf thanks for the information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does using the flex cable with the CY8C29000 on it mean I have to use that device for debugging, rather than the target CY8C29466 I am interested in?

I have the CY3210 mini eval board, and everything in the CY3215 kit.  I can program with the mini eval board, but I am just getting started with the debugging process.  A JTAG would be nice right about now!

Thanks,

Antoine

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You need an OCD device for debugging. CY8C29000 is one such device for the CY8C29xxx family. This means that you can flash the project for CY8C29466 into CY8C29000 and use it for debugging.

Regards,
Prakhar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Good Morning!

As you said to use ICE-cube for debugging, i have a question regarding this. The PSoC 1 does not support ICE-cube. Then how can i debugg in PSoC1?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mouni, there must be some misunderstanding. I've been using the ICE Cube to debug PSoC 1 devices for several years now.

0 Likes