USBUART for PSoC 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored
        Hi,   

Are there plans to release an USBUART component for PSoC 3?   

Thanks!   
Rolf   
0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Rolf,   

Yes, we do have plans for a USB to UART component, similar to what we have in PSoC Designer today. I'm not sure on the exact time-line, but it should be in one of the up and coming beta releases.   

Regards,   
Bobby   
0 Likes
MR_41
Employee
Employee
First like received
        Rolf,   

As Bobby said, this component will be released in one of the future versions of PSoC Creator. Meanwhile, here is a project developed by one of our Engineers that you can use as a starting point. But the project has not been fully tested or verified and hence may have some bugs.   
0 Likes
ronoc_298001
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!
        Thanks Bobby and Ganesh for the complete answers!   

Regards,   
Rolf   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   

has there been any progress concerning the USBUART for PSoC3? I would really appreciate it ...   

Regards   

Ulrich   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        It's still several months out from being added into a PSoC Creator release. For now, I would stick with the example one that Ganesh posted previously.   

Regards,   
Bobby   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have executed the upper sample project, but once I have provided .inf file. Device is recognized as a com port, but thevice manager says that driver is not working well. Any suggestion?

Best regards,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There's an example project available on the web. Here's the link

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=42703

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Even i am looking for the same....,

but i want to implent 1 Usb to 7 uarts...,    Pllease give me any good suggestion how shall i use usb psoc codes to interface all uarts and make  any 1 communication out of 7 uarts.....,

Advance Thanks 

Regards,

Karnendra 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Even i am looking for the same....,

but i want to implent 1 Usb to 7 uarts...,    Pllease give me any good suggestion how shall i use usb psoc codes to interface all uarts and make  any 1 communication out of 7 uarts in single time.....,

Advance Thanks

Regards,

Karu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Karu,

The USBUART Component implements the CDC device class. It requires one OUT Enpoint and one In Endpoint. Effectively for one Virtual COM Port you need two Endpoints. You can have multiple configurations in PSoC3 and enumerate PSoC3 as a composite deivce to give multiple virtual UARTs. PSoC3 supports eight Endpoints altogether(control Endpoitn apart). This may be the limitation.

-Udayan 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have implemented the USBUART in my design. It works fine when the PSoC is powered from 3.3V, however my project is powered from 5V. The USB signals are 5V so it looks like the internal regulator is not being switched on. The USBFS bootloader operates correctly at 5V. I have check the values written to USBUART_CR1 and they look the same as the bootloader uses. Any ideas where else I can look for the problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could possibly be due to the parameter USBUART_1_3V_OPERATION in the API USBUART_1_Start(0, USBUART_1_3V_OPERATION) In the USBUART Example project. This parameter can take the values:

• USBFS_3V_OPERATION: Disable voltage regulator and pass-thru Vcc for pull-up
  •     
  • USBFS_5V_OPERATION: Enable voltage regulator and use regulator for pullup
  •     
  • USBFS_DWR_VDDD_OPERATION: Enable or Disable voltage regulator depend on Vddd Voltage configuration in DWR.
  •    

You might have to use the appropriate parameter to get the USBUART functioning properly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the USBUART_Start() and it was correct. I have found the problem. It is because the USB pins are not correctly configured. I copied the configuration code from the USBFS component and now all works fine.

0 Likes