How to write I2C or SPI flash memory via USB or JTAG from Windows?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        How to write I2C or SPI flash memory via USB or JTAG from Windows? (Its flash memory connected with FX3 on PCB board.)   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please refer to  AN68914 - EZ-USB® FX3 I2C Boot Option for details about the firmware image supported. For writing to EEPROM you can use Control Center installed along with CyUSBSuite released for FX3.

Once your device is enumerated as Cypress EZ-USB FX3 Boot Programmer, you can select the Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM and select the image (bin file) to be downloaded to EEPROM.

Regarding SPI image..the current version of FX3 device is not supporting SPI boot. FX3 with SPI boot will be released soon. We will update you as soon as it is released.

Thanks,

Shruti

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks. I wrote to one I2C EEPROM succesfully with your advice.   
0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

The version of CyUSBsuite I am using is Beta1. This does not give me the option of prgramming an I2C EEPROM. Is there a later version of CyUSBSuite that I should be using.

Thanks,

Sodafarl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beta2 has been released. Please use it. It has this option.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
LiMa_282146
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Hi,

Thanks, downloaded CyUSBSuite Beta2 and I was able to program the development board eeprom with a VID/PID.

Sodafarl

0 Likes